By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - You Can Keep Dat 349 Promotional Price PS4 WILL Still Win NPD 2015 And You Can Bet Your Bottom Dolla On That!

The average consumer cares more for getting the best deal than preferring a paryiculat brand



Around the Network

Sony will win more NPDs this year, but Xbox One will have more sales in the US for 2015.



Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

PS4 wins hands down!

The reason: 2014 was actually a "bad" year for PS4, because most of the greatest exclusives were either coming in 2015 or pushed to 2015.
So as a PS4 owner you basically got the same multiplats and a couple of exclusives + some exclusive indie games.

Imagine what happens once Sony unleashes their whole arsenal of AAAs. They just have more ammo for 2015, as simple as that...



Well at least XBO will win worldwide the month Halo 5 comes out.



Sharpryno said:
Well at least XBO will win NPD worldwide the month Halo 5 comes out.

Such a shame there isn't a worldwide NPD lol, but it would be cool, less sources to consult.



My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

But but but PS3 also managed a turnaround last gen!!!!



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

PenguinZ said:
Sony will win more NPDs this year, but Xbox One will have more sales in the US for 2015.

Do you think PS4 will just be very weak in the holidays or X1 extremely strong?



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

vivster said:
PenguinZ said:
Sony will win more NPDs this year, but Xbox One will have more sales in the US for 2015.

Do you think PS4 will just be very weak in the holidays or X1 extremely strong?


Well we're talking US sales... And no other console exclusive is bigger than Halo. I'll go more towards an extremely strong X1.



Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

The PS4 was  sold out other countries. If I was Sony, I wouldn't lower the price until after those countries are fully supplied. No reason to match the price in the US just to sell the same ammount World Wide. After all countries have atiquite stock, I would lower the price. I also believe that Sony won't have supply issues during the next holiday world wide, and will be prepared to match Microsofts holiday sales.  



PenguinZ said:
vivster said:
PenguinZ said:
Sony will win more NPDs this year, but Xbox One will have more sales in the US for 2015.

Do you think PS4 will just be very weak in the holidays or X1 extremely strong?


Well we're talking US sales... And no other console exclusive is bigger than Halo. I'll go more towards an extremely strong X1.

It just has to keep up throughout the year then. X1 still had a 600k gap despite some massive 2 wins in the holidays.

Halo will do wonders but it has its limits. Sony will probably not pull any punches and trying to throw everything at Halo softening the blow.

I think it's about 50/50 if X1 will win US this year.



If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.