By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When will PS4 have a price cut?

At last they will do it holiday 2015. We saw Sony fighting in UK which paid off in terms of sales and I guess they will want to fight more in US in 2015's holidays.

Around the Network
PenguinZ said:
I honestly expect them to keep the $399 with a game bundled. Why drop the price, when you're console is still selling like hotcakes. It makes little sense.

I think those people who are desparate for Sony to drop the price are the same people who, for some odd reason, seem to forget that the USA isn't the world. It's been said many times, I know, but it IS a fact. It does not matter WHERE you sell your consoles; what matters is whether you can sell what you make and get a good profit. I wonder when people will stop thinking Sony are your typical forum user. They are a BUSINESS.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
PenguinZ said:
I honestly expect them to keep the $399 with a game bundled. Why drop the price, when you're console is still selling like hotcakes. It makes little sense.

I think those people who are desparate for Sony to drop the price are the same people who, for some odd reason, seem to forget that the USA isn't the world. It's been said many times, I know, but it IS a fact. It does not matter WHERE you sell your consoles; what matters is whether you can sell what you make and get a good profit. I wonder when people will stop thinking Sony are your typical forum user. They are a BUSINESS.

Yeh, but why lose such a key market. Like it or not, over a 1/3 of all ps4 sales come from the US. If the XBOX ONE can outsell it by a nice margin, it could change the course of the console wars. 

I expect a price drop around August at 299

wouldnt be surprised if it doesnt get cut at all this yr sony isnt really aggressive and dont think they care if they lose market share its not like there gonna lose the WW lead if they do cut it will be very late into the yr Nov. or Dec

imo youd get a better boost cutting to 300 and skip the 350 if they dont cut as i said they need to release a good 2 game bundle for 400 uncharted 4 defiantly needs to be in the bundle tho

Play Me

Around the Network
Angelv577 said:

are you nuts? $299? that shit would sell like 20 million just from august to january 2016 lol.

My bet would be October/November. Ten more months reaping the profits and then going for market share overkill during the holidays.

By November this year, considering how much the PS4 is selling and the components it uses, its production costs will have gone down a by a lot anyway.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Well with new GDDR5 coming out (http://techreport.com/news/27676/samsung-starts-making-8gb-gddr5-memory-chips) meaning that Sony can use half the number of chips for 8GB plus the 20nm shrink of the CPU/GPU a price cut beginning of November barring sales decreasing earlier seems most likely.

thedawghousev2 said:
Angelv577 said:

are you nuts? $299? that shit would sell like 20 million just from august to january 2016 lol.

Yes because I'm hoping for it lol, August does sound reasonable though, if I'm not mistaken, Sony cutted ps3 price at 299 around august last gen.