By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When will PS4 have a price cut?

super6646 said:
Aeolus451 said:
I don't see sony doing any price cut with the ps4 any time soon. Maybe a free game or something but not a price cut. They don't really need to. MS's price cuts aren't doing much WW to catch up to the ps4's volume of sales.

Because the price cuts are ONLY coming for the US. So of course, hate people think price cut in USA= XB1 fail logic.

Why would they only do price cuts in the states? 

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
super6646 said:
Aeolus451 said:
I don't see sony doing any price cut with the ps4 any time soon. Maybe a free game or something but not a price cut. They don't really need to. MS's price cuts aren't doing much WW to catch up to the ps4's volume of sales.

Because the price cuts are ONLY coming for the US. So of course, hate people think price cut in USA= XB1 fail logic.

Except for the UK the rest is a lost cause for the Xbox brand.

Sony isn't playing the same game as we are on the interwebs. They are winning. By a lot. If the demand is greater than the competition at the current price, what business sense does it make to drop the price. Microsoft drop the price because they had to.

poklane said:
Aeolus451 said:
super6646 said:
Aeolus451 said:

That's why xbox brand does so badily WW. Not even trying.

Aeolus451 said:
poklane said:

I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a Xbox ad here in the Netherlands, excluding the ads after trailers for games Microsoft has a partnership with such as CoD. However, when I watch UK football on UK channels it's loaded with Xbox ads.

Around the Network
poklane said:
Aeolus451 said:
poklane said:

I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a Xbox ad here in the Netherlands, excluding the ads after trailers for games Microsoft has a partnership with such as CoD. However, when I watch UK football on UK channels it's loaded with Xbox ads.

Ads are not the same as price cuts. One is more meaningful.

I think Sony still wants to win USA. It's the only market where every month there is an official industry report where sales to consumers can be announced, and even though it doesn't reflect the world, it is always good to be able to report "we won in the USA last month". Or as Sony has just done after Dec NPD "We won in the USA last year". It creates a positive PR vibe.

So they will cut the price this year. Some time after July I think.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Aeolus451 said:
poklane said:

Ads is the very least they can do, and they don't even do it. That's what I was trying to say.

poklane said:
Aeolus451 said:
poklane said:

Ads is the very least they can do, and they don't even do it. That's what I was trying to say.

Ah, I see.

If they keep selling all they can make then next year otherwise November.