By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When will PS4 have a price cut?

Depends how it sales compared to XB1. If XB1 comes extremely close WW weekly they'll drop, but I'm 100% sure they'll at least have a temporary drop for the coming holidays.

Around the Network

Doesn't need one for a while, once sales start to drop a bit Sony will drop the price no doubt

I don't see sony doing any price cut with the ps4 any time soon. Maybe a free game or something but not a price cut. They don't really need to. MS's price cuts aren't doing much WW to catch up to the ps4's volume of sales.

Not before September-November.

Aeolus451 said:
I don't see sony doing any price cut with the ps4 any time soon. Maybe a free game or something but not a price cut.

Well, The last of us is already free for each new ps4 in the US...so next is a pricecut to 300 dollars.

Around the Network

Gamescom if not never

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Aeolus451 said:
I don't see sony doing any price cut with the ps4 any time soon. Maybe a free game or something but not a price cut. They don't really need to. MS's price cuts aren't doing much WW to catch up to the ps4's volume of sales.

Because the price cuts are ONLY coming for the US. So of course, hate people think price cut in USA= XB1 fail logic.

Namiirei said:
Aeolus451 said:
I don't see sony doing any price cut with the ps4 any time soon. Maybe a free game or something but not a price cut.

Well, The last of us is already free for each new ps4 in the US...so next is a pricecut to 300 dollars.

300?

Bundles happen when sales slump. I don't see that happening until next year. My guess? March 2016. It really doesn't need one any time soon.

poklane said:
Depends how it sales compared to XB1. If XB1 comes extremely close WW weekly they'll drop, but I'm 100% sure they'll at least have a temporary drop for the coming holidays.

I don't think that's how Sony roll. The only criteria will be selling what they can make. If they start selling less than what they can make then we'll probably get great bundles again. If that still doesn't quite cover it, THEN we may see a price drop.

The PS5 Exists.