By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Public service announcement: Xenoblade Chronicles X

Best Wii U graphics to date IMO

Around the Network

Not related. I just really wanted to post this.

What the heck is wrong with the faces? It's an anime style, that's how it's supposed to look.

HBninjaX said:
What the heck is wrong with the faces? It's an anime style, that's how it's supposed to look.

There´s nothing wrong, people need to be upset about something and this time everything seems  awesome so they need to be upset about a silly detail :P Faces can look better, but they are fine.

You can customize your own main character right?

That's the only character design I didn't care for -- the main they've used so far in demos and such.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Around the Network

I genuinely don't get the face hate. To me it's always sounded like butthurt Microsoft/Sony fans trying to persuade themselves they don't want the game, rather than admitting that there's a Nintendo exclusive they want to play.

Exactly the same way going from an 18 to a 15 certificate ruined Bayonetta 2, and it's definitely going to coming to PS4 anyway.

I just don't get it. If you want to play a game, you want to play it. If you don't have the right console then that sucks, but you can either save up and get the console (and play other exclusives as well), or face up to the fact that you'll miss out.

Sunset Overdrive looks super fun. But I don't have an Xbox One, and neither want one nor can afford one. Doesn't make the game look less appealing to me. (Although if they do a new Banjo that even approaches the quality of the original, god help me)

I think the bigger problem is that character faces are considered a criterion at all.

We have, on our doorstep, the spiritual sequel to one of the best role-playing games of the last decade and we're talking about how a character's face looks.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

I think the faces are okay enough to not be that much of an issue with the game. The faces could be a lot better but they aren't so bad that it makes me want to puke out blood

But I do agree that people that keep on ragging on about the game's one flaw should take it down a notch

This type of attitude is why people blast the game.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Wright said:
bigtakilla said:
The faces look like Monolith Soft faces.

Not necessarily.

True, true. My bad, they look like Xeno series faces.