By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Public service announcement: Xenoblade Chronicles X

Einsam_Delphin said:
Perhaps we should finally start having XCX threads about the actual game itself, not just endless graphix.threads!

Tbf, we know nothing of the story or gameplay yet. Sooo, talk about the music instead? :p

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
Perhaps we should finally start having XCX threads about the actual game itself, not just endless graphix.threads!

Tbf, we know nothing of the story or gameplay yet. Sooo, talk about the music instead? :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nI0IWDaxSI

Just listen this piece of art!!, I am searching like crazy for the song of the last trailer and the overworld theme really the music will be awesome.

Samus Aran said:
Einsam_Delphin said:

You speculate of course, just like I did for MK8 prior to it's release! Also I definitely recall there being some gameplay footage, and from the latest trailers it seems like some group is running away from some aliens then crash lands somewhere, so no excuses!

Yes, the faux concern is getting old and I thought the criticism of X's graphics would diminish after a certain member was permabanned.

One thing that pleased me greatly in the latest vids was the variety of environments on display. Monolith clearly have some very talented artists on board.

I'm not playing the game for the faces

English is not my native language

Around the Network
Ezquimacore said:

Elma is cute, F the haters!

Yeah, I think the character models are fine; the mech focus and such makes the anime style fit for me. 

What people today can't get is that polygons are polygons regardless of style; the lack of a realistic style doesn't result in magical polygon reduction, especially since most surface/small details in realistic models are done through normal maps or equivalent methods anyway and not actual polygons.  The polygon counts and shaders and texture quality in terms of resolution on these characters is good, though polygon counts do vary depending on what outfit is being worn.  It's just that these characters aren't realisitc. 

Good that they are too blurred anyway to see them.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Faces could obviously be better but I don't know if they could really improve much.

Overly realistic anime faces look creepy.

vivster said:
Good that they are too blurred anyway to see them.

Or you need glasses. 

bigtakilla said:
The faces look like Monolith Soft faces.

Not necessarily.