By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Weekly charts week ending Jan. 3rd

Good first week for Vita (of course thanks Japan). Hope for 50k next week.
PS4 is doing very good and Xbox One isn't as low as everyone predicted.
Wii U will be down next week.

Around the Network
Kresnik said:
small44 said:

In internet you can expect anything how could i  know you're serious or not

Because Vita is up 4k this week and I'm well aware it's from Japan boost since I've been talking about it both here and on NeoGAF when you've been in the threads.

I was just joking.  You seem to be awfully serious about Vita sales in threads these days.  Chill!

When i read your post it look like vita is doing good but it's just perception

Vita is down 52k yoy

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

There's something wrong with the hardware YoY tool. It shows this weeks sales as being part of December 2015, not January 2015. There's no way to see what the final December 2014 sales were since this weeks sales are all added as part of that December 2015 group. Annoying :/

Dr.Vita said:

Everything will be down next week.......not sure why u would single out Wii U with that statement

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

DerNebel said:

What happened in the UK then? Was the X1 not outsold?

Come on, you must know that only one month a year really matters. How naive of you.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Dr.Vita said:

Everything will be down next week.......not sure why u would single out Wii U with that statement

I mean to the old and bad baseline of the Wii U (40k - 50k).

Giggs_11 said:
I'm not that into these sales numbers so I don't really know about what I'm talking about next so If anyone more educated than me on this matter has something to say about my conclusions, please do.

1st) Smash sold only less 100k than MK8 with only 7 weeks on the market (vs like 7 months of MK8). I think this is kinda great for SSbros. Or is it just unimpressive for MK8? Or both?

2nd) So WiiU sold almost 140k the week after holidays. I'm thinking if WiiU would be able to achieve a baseline of around 140k/week, at the end of 2015 they would have sold more than 7M which is kinda good given their WiiU record so far. Also, isn't that supposed to be one of the slowest weeks of the year? If so my estimate would be rounded by default,and not counting the spikes it might have throughout the year, so my 7M estimate can possibly even be conservative? Or does this make no sense at all?

Just to help you out. What you are seeing now is not indicative of any baseline. The PS4 will have a baseline of ~135-150k/week. That puts the WiiU at a baseline of 40-50k per week. 

2:1 ratio back in full force. Next week the NA ratio of 1.5:1 should be back too.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

TheBlackNaruto said:
Sales not too bad. The drop was to be expected. And the PS4 numbers look spot on for the 18.5 as of Jan 3. I want to know how much each system shipped for the year and I am looking forward to what sales will look like in 2015 for all systems. Well on to the new year!!!

It almost seems like Sony is only going to announce "Sold Through" for now on.  It's probably to force Xbox to look stupid whenever they don't say "Sold Through."

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Not bad considering these are post-holiday numbers. The next couple of weeks will more interesting though because of the XBO's price.