By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Weekly charts week ending Jan. 3rd

From what I saw the PS4's marketshare didn't technically go down, it's just that VGC pre-adjustment (before Sony's 18.5M PR) numbers gave us an higher value than reality. So it kept growing, even if the pace of that growth slowed down severely during the holidays.

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

Yeppp. People wouldn't celebrate overall marketshare when there's still a ways to go (at least, I hope they wouldn't). The X1 definitely ate into that a bit, but by the end of 2015, I expect the PS4 to achieve it, overall.

judging the numbers in this weekly chart before the X1 price rise up again, i have no doubt PS4 will get to 50% marketshare before june, especially with Bloodborne, The Order and all of the Japanese games coming out. but the real battle will be on the Holidays when the X1 gets a price drop again or permanent pricedrop on june at E3. i hope Sony actually does a price cut as well, i sure know a lot of friends that would grab a PS4 the instant it gets a pricecut.

Well with TLOU R's offer I'm not seeing a pricecut before E3 for PS4 that's for sure...

We can't say PS4 doesn't have 50% market share without knowing the REAL sales of XB1. I know vgchartz is all we have but lets remember these numbers are not 100% accurate. It goes both ways too i know, but is it really hard to belive PS4 does have 50%?  I think is already does.

Formerly ilovegirls69  :(

Great sales of ps4 and nice round numbers... Waiting for x1 and WiiU inevitable downward adjustments.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
WebMasterFlex said:
Well with TLOU R's offer I'm not seeing a pricecut before E3 for PS4 that's for sure...

Gamescom is the place where the price cut could be announced

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

DonFerrari said:
Great sales of ps4 and nice round numbers... Waiting for x1 and WiiU inevitable downward adjustments.

Don't wait downward adjustments for wii u,probably upward adjustments!

Nintendo shipped 1.95m last year,wii u is at 7.29m shipped as of 27th September!Sales of wii u have been significantly improved worldwide ,except Japan where they were considerably down!

Nintendo if has't outshipped the same quarter last year,at least(worst scenario) they must have shipped the same amount!So 1.95m+7.29m=9.24m(SHIPPED AS OF 27TH DEC)...9.24m-8.9m(VGC)=324k on the shelves,pretty logical for wii u and even more than enough...

small44 said:
WebMasterFlex said:

I'm expecting Sony to drop the price the same day Microsoft does. If Microsoft drops the price to $350 at E3 I'm fully expecting Sony to do the same.
Also, PS4 closing in on 50% marketshare!

Did anyone notice that Ninja Gaiden 3 for the WiiU was around 45 on the U.S. list? Talk about a weird jump

poklane said:
small44 said:
WebMasterFlex said:

I'm expecting Sony to drop the price the same day Microsoft does. If Microsoft drops the price to $350 at E3 I'm fully expecting Sony to do the same.

I don't think a company can make a decision like that in few hour or day

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m