By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon: The Hype is real?

Areym said:

I think it's the counter the big "hype" the game is getting...on these forums anyways.  Lately, this game is getting praised as the next big Nintendo franchise, this and that, which is fine honestly. One thing I can dismiss about the game is its selling potential. It isn't going to sell all that well. As for the rest, we just gotta wait and see. Art style is nice though.

Fair enough, but you can´t really know that because Nintendo has never done something like this, so we don´t know yet , it´s getting so much hype from forums, games webs, youtube ... seems like most of the Nintendo fans really like it... that´s something, so I won´t say this is a new Mario Kart because i don´t believe it, but who was able to predict the insane sales of a game like Animal Crossing? Some Nintendo sagas are very unpredictible. And by the way, most of the core developers of this game are the core developers of Animal Crossing... seem like  very talented, young, fresh and genuine developers, maybe they can make other boom, who knows, is not going to sell badly, that´s for sure.

Around the Network

There is very little hype. We are on a forum where Nintendo fans are the majority and I've only seen a few people hyped for it.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

I am quite a bit hyped!
I doubt that non nintendo fans care about it though...
I do think that the game has potential though, so lets see!

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

I've never anything about this game from any gaming news outlet I go to or YT channel I'm subscribed to outside of this forum. That is bad news, looks awesome though!

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

siddhartha87 said:
Einsam_Delphin said:
siddhartha87 said:

If by unique you mean certain unique features, then fine you are correct, but in that case even every new iteration of CoDs have them. But if you mean it so unique that it provides a never seen before game experience that I would have to disagree with you. Pretty much every game is "unique" in its own way.

And while i appreciate the fact that you are responding to my posts and clarifying your position, I would prefer it if you could tone down with the "ignorant nonsense" stuff. Not every disagreement has to be peppered with insults.

By unique I mean the core gameplay itself. The territorial mechanics are what really seperate it from eveything else, as I certainly can't think of a shooter with similar traits. Movement is highly dependent on turf, as you move faster on your own but slow as molasses on the opponent's. By painting on walls and through grates you'll be able to access otherwise inaccessible areas, but of course if the enemy's paint is there it's a no go until you paint over it. Having access to high vantage points will be important because ink bullets are affected by gravity which means it's easier to shoot at someone below you than someone who's higher. There's also a stealth factor, as ink bullets are visible so you'll be able tell where enemies are when they're shooting, and you'll be able to infer that someone's nearby if you see enemy ink on the ground. When in Squid form on your own ink, you're completely invisible, and even while moving you only leave small ripples in the ink. While these mechanics add depth to the gameplay, at the same time the game's main mode Turf War also raises accessibility. The main objective isn't to get the most kills but to cover the most ground in your team's ink color. This means even if you're not that good you can still help out your team without being a burden. Even if all this doesn't interest you, you can't deny that it's definitely unique! And yes I would hope that every game is unique from each other lel, but even still this game is unique to the shooter genre as a whole.

Well you came in here with what appeared to be a typical anti-Nintendo response so naturally I responded with a typical anti-anti-Nintendo response!

Hmmm, though it is sacrilege to concede in an arguments in a internet debate, I must admit that is a good description of the nuances of the game which I had not considered in depth before. As informative as the ND in action it looked like a giant mess. Hopefully it would translate to fluid gameplay as multiplayer shooters depend on them and the features would be actually useful online, as unique elements in many games are ignored by players in view of simplistic effeiciency.

I hope they release a demo first.

Whaaaat? A vgchartz forum user admitting he was wrong not seeing the whole picture?

QUICK, KILL IT WITH FIRE!!

Around the Network
GTAexpert said:
Sunstrider said:
GTAexpert said:
It looks too childish. As for who will be hyped for this, I'm sure it will only be Nintendo fans who get hyped by any game when its developed by Nintendo.

Not always true, I got hyped for this because it's something new for me and really love collecting new outfits, aaaand just because I love gaming in general.

That's what they all say.

As for your 1st post, that's what all nintendo-haters say out of envy. :P

Splatoon has what I call "internet hype". So basically no, not real hype.

iceland said:
Splatoon has what I call "internet hype". So basically no, not real hype.

If you're interested in Nintendo content and understand german, maybe you want to take a look at my youtube channel! :)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RealGamingExpert

I'm hyped! I will buy it day one. But I really think that the game will sadly not sell. Most of those who are on gaming forums and other websites that know about it probably think the game looks super cool, but either don't have a WiiU or like for the case of W101 think it's probably cool but since it's a new and unproven they don't know if the game will be for them so they are not gonna risk 50$ on it. Meanwhile those who are not on the gaming forums has no idea about this game. :(

What?! I can't hear you over all this awsome! - Pyrrhon (Kid Icarus:Uprising)

Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE! - Wonder-Red (The Wonderful101)

I cannot wait for this game it is the most original game i have seen in a very long time. The customization just looks amazing

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~