By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 5 Wii Games that I'd like to see on the eShop

Tagged games:

There weren't even 5 Wii games that I liked. I'm glad they're doing the Prime Trilogy and Galaxy 2 though. RE4 would be sweet as well.

Around the Network
spemanig said:

Only games with CCP support

Xenoblade
Dragon Ball: Revenge of King Piccolo
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition* (It supports the classic controller aka MEGATON.)
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars
GoldenEye 007 Wii
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus

*I really just want to know what all the praise is about. I really liked Revelations, but it's no where near the best game ever. I feel like it was the TLOU of it's time, only more important because it actually redefined an entire genre, as opposed to just having a really nice story.

I'm about 90 percent of the way through RE:R, and I think it's safe for me to say that RE4 is the superior game, although they are similar. RE:R is so obviously a game built for a handheld on hardware weaker than the Wii/Gamecube. There aren't many different types of enemies, the environments are mostly hallways and corridors, and stages get kind of predictable (proceed somewhere, fight a few enemies along the way, big fight against a horde at the end of a stage, occasional boss battle repeat).

RE4 has more open areas that require you to do more than stick your back to a wall and shoot everything til it dies. It has more varied enemies that require different strategies. It has more unique bosses. It's customization options are a matter of opinion on which you'd prefer over Revelations: instead of finding parts, you pick up money from enemies or find it lying around to buy upgrades from a salesmen. The only thing I think that Revelations does that is superior is the inventory system, and that is also up to one's opinions, because you can technically carry more than three guns.

But yeah, a lot of RE4's praise comes from the fact that it pretty much turned the survival horror genre on its head at the time.

burninmylight said:

I'm about 90 percent of the way through RE:R, and I think it's safe for me to say that RE4 is the superior game, although they are similar. RE:R is so obviously a game built for a handheld on hardware weaker than the Wii/Gamecube. There aren't many different types of enemies, the environments are mostly hallways and corridors, and stages get kind of predictable (proceed somewhere, fight a few enemies along the way, big fight against a horde at the end of a stage, occasional boss battle repeat).

RE4 has more open areas that require you to do more than stick your back to a wall and shoot everything til it dies. It has more varied enemies that require different strategies. It has more unique bosses. It's customization options are a matter of opinion on which you'd prefer over Revelations: instead of finding parts, you pick up money from enemies or find it lying around to buy upgrades from a salesmen. The only thing I think that Revelations does that is superior is the inventory system, and that is also up to one's opinions, because you can technically carry more than three guns.

But yeah, a lot of RE4's praise comes from the fact that it pretty much turned the survival horror genre on its head at the time.

My thing is that I feel like I feel like it didn't. I haven't played Resi4, but it's hard not learning through the grapevine about that game, and it doesn't look scary at all. People said Revalations was scary, but it wasn't even a little bit. I love the game, but it wasn't a scary game. It was just thematically scary. People say TLOU was scary, but it wasn't. I may critisize it a lot, but I liked the game. It wasn't scary at all. It was just thematically scary. People always say that Resi4 revolutionized the horror genre, but I don't think it did, and since I don't consider Revalations or TLOU horror games, I feel like I won't consider Resi4 a horror game either. They're action adventure games. I feel like that's what Resi4 really turned on it's head.

If everything you say is true, I'm sure I'll like Resi4 even more than Revalations and TLOU, but I doubt I'll be calling it a horror game.

Confirmed in respective directs.

Japan is getting Reginleiv
Europe is getting Pandoras Tower and Sin & Punishment.

Too many great games on Wii to list them all but would love
Last Story
Xenoblade (but wont since its on new 3ds)
Tatsuoko vs Capcom
Trauma Centre and Team
No More Heroes 1 and 2
Arc Rise Fanasia (as said before never came to PAL)

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

spemanig said:
burninmylight said:

My thing is that I feel like I feel like it didn't. I haven't played Resi4, but it's hard not learning through the grapevine about that game, and it doesn't look scary at all. People said Revalations was scary, but it wasn't even a little bit. I love the game, but it wasn't a scary game. It was just thematically scary. People say TLOU was scary, but it wasn't. I may critisize it a lot, but I liked the game. It wasn't scary at all. It was just thematically scary. People always say that Resi4 revolutionized the horror genre, but I don't think it did, and since I don't consider Revalations or TLOU horror games, I feel like I won't consider Resi4 a horror game either. They're action adventure games. I feel like that's what Resi4 really turned on it's head.

If everything you say is true, I'm sure I'll like Resi4 even more than Revalations and TLOU, but I doubt I'll be calling it a horror game.

Yeah, calling them action games with horror themes would be more accurate. I called RE4 that out of habit. My point was that if you enjoyed RE:R, you'll likely enjoy RE4, because I believe the latter to be the superior game.

Around the Network

House of Dead

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016