By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - December 2014 NPD Thread! XBO, PS4, Wii U up! Many software up!

true_fan said:
VG has:
Madden on ps4>XB1, WRONG by at least 130k
Destiny on ps4>XB1, WRONG by at least 400k

I wonder how many others could be wrong. XBOX occupying 8/18 highest selling games for the year, highlights those xbox attach rates.

Madden is definitely wrong then, since there was a XOne bundle.

But don't forget the massively selling white PS4 Destiny bundle, which is not counted by NPD, but is by VGC. So that one is most likely correct.

Around the Network
true_fan said:
VG has:

I wonder how many others could be wrong. XBOX occupying 8/18 highest selling games for the year, highlights those xbox attach rates.

Destiny is not wrong.

true_fan said:
VG has:

Madden sold more on ps4 for the year. Destiny doesn't include bundles, of which over 400k got sold

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Dulfite said:
3ds plus Wii u plus Wii equals Nintendomination.

Not really lol. XBOX sold more and PS was quite close (1.4m vs 1.35m)

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:
true_fan said:
VG has:

Madden sold more on ps4 for the year. Destiny doesn't include bundles, of which over 400k got sold

And that doesn't even include the other bundled copies (Destiny was a part of the 4 games, pick 1 promotion that ran in December). For all we know it could even be undertracked instead of overtracked. Not that I'm saying it is.

Around the Network
true_fan said:
VG has:

Regardless of how many times this has been pointed out to you, even again just withing the last 10 posts. You seem to just keep ignoring it. 

NPD does not track bundled sales. VGC does. Every white PS4 destiny bundle counts also counts as a destiny sale for the PS4. That is why vgc has destiny on the PS4 selling better. That is also why NPD has grand theft auto selling better on the XB1, cause it was bundled with the PS4. That is why TLoU doesn't even make the NPD top ten. 

And you keep hammerrimg on these attach rates numbers. And going as far as doing an MS PR stunt grouping XBOX to validate your claim. Why don't you focus on this gen sales, cause believe me that is what publishers are focusing on. Starting this year the older gen consoles will get even less support than they did last year. Just look at it, Evolve, The witcher, Batman are all current gen exclusive. And there will be more. A publisher about to make a game will look at the attach rates IN RELATION TO INSTALL BASE. What kinds picture do you think that paints when the Dev in question is going current gen only? 

Nice lead for the Xbone. Was hoping for 400k+ but a win's a win. Also thank god m$ have decided to keep the price cut permanent...January NPD will be interesting

So a good turn around for Xbox 1 with amazing attach rates with incredible bundles and price deals for nov & dec,

the PS4 being the the best selling console and winning the USA is more impressive to me,so many prominent XBox posters said microsoft was guaranteed the USA from the off but we are still waiting for XBox1 to take the US market,wonder when it will

great job form sony winning the US market since gen 8 launch

I smell like the dark forest of Dwemereth in the morning mist                                                   fanboy til i'm bankrupt

kowenicki said:
Barenziah said:
So a good turn around for Xbox 1 with amazing attach rates with incredible bundles and price deals for nov & dec,

the PS4 being the the best selling console and winning the USA is more impressive to me,so many prominent XBox posters said microsoft was guaranteed the USA from the off but we are still waiting for XBox1 to take the US market,wonder when it will

To be fair, that was said before we knew anything about the consoles.  Nobody could have predicted the polarity of the two reveals.

I still edge toward the ONE winning in the US eventually.  I just think MS will make it happen whatever it takes.

not the way i remember it,so many claimed the Xbox1 win from the start even with the kinect price(never in doubt after the 360 massive US sales) but yes i agree the MS will still take the US after these amazing deals & price so you were right anyway,lol and congrats to MS for doing a great job ousting nintendo & sony from their home turf,it is impressive in the big scheme of teh console warz

sony being as near as level  this time round already won from their point of view from PS3 to PS4 another bad US showing would have finished them off i believe

I smell like the dark forest of Dwemereth in the morning mist                                                   fanboy til i'm bankrupt

Barenziah said:
kowenicki said:
Barenziah said:

To be fair, that was said before we knew anything about the consoles.  Nobody could have predicted the polarity of the two reveals.

I still edge toward the ONE winning in the US eventually.  I just think MS will make it happen whatever it takes.

not the way i remember it,so many claimed the Xbox1 win from the start even with the kinect price(never in doubt after the 360 massive US sales) but yes i agree the MS will still take the US after these amazing deals & price so you were right anyway,lol and congrats to MS for doing a great job ousting nintendo & sony from their home turf,it is impressive in the big scheme of teh console warz

sony being as near as level  this time round already won from their point of view from PS3 to PS4 another bad US showing would have finished them off i believe

It wouldn't have finished them off as they still had Europe, Japan and Asia.