By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - WOW, that new trailer looked beautiful! XCX

This game was always put on the back burner for me with many other games taking priority

Part of that was because I don't play RPG's

With that said, it Is now tied for my most anticipated Wii U game after this direct (other being Splatoon)

Around the Network

Wyrdness said:

God damn this year is like a year of open world beasts, Zelda, XCX, FFXV and MGSV.

I'd really like to see a map size comparison between those games and some of the biggest open world games from the previous generation.

So far I feel X has the biggest world, with it basically being an entire planet to explore and at least some space exploration.

anonymunchy said:

I'd really like to see a map size comparison between those games and some of the biggest open world games from the previous generation.

So far I feel X has the biggest world, with it basically being an entire planet to explore and at least some space exploration.

Tbh X probably is the biggest, I get that impression as well, Monolith said that it's easily around 5 times bigger then the original so prepare for a long haul of exploration. Zelda how ever may be a lot bigger then we think.

Five times bigger brings it to about 50 sq mi by the way, for those of you who are wondering - Xenoblade Chronicles was about 12 sq mi. Zelda U is estimated to be about 18 sq mi if the map shown by Miyamoto/Aonuma is the whole world. So this game will probably be about 3 times bigger than Zelda U if we assume that the 5 times bigger estimate is only horizontal space and not vertical as well. If it is also vertical then Zelda U can possibly be a similar size since the 18 sq mi estimate does not include the surface area of mountains and pits.

Around the Network

I don't think that was the whole map in the Zelda footage as on side had a clear border indicating the end of the map while the other sides didn't.

Samus Aran said:

I still hate the first area of this game, but my jaw dropped at quite a few other moments in the trailer. Especially the very alien looking fauna and flora, that's what all the areas should've been like!

And some of the enemies looked incredible... 

Yeah, this is why I told people to wait until the other areas come along. 

Wyrdness said:
I don't think that was the whole map in the Zelda footage as on side had a clear border indicating the end of the map while the other sides didn't.

I agree. I think there is a desertous area to the west, as it looks like there is a path in that direction and it would fit with what we know of Zelda maps. However, we know Zelda U is at least 18 square miles in horizontal flat area, more if you include verticality, and possibly even more if the map is larger. I wish they'd give us a Xenoblade Chronicles X map, but I guess they want us to be surprised. ;) 

looks amazing

sc94597 said:
Five times bigger brings it to about 50 sq mi by the way, for those of you who are wondering - Xenoblade Chronicles was about 12 sq mi. Zelda U is estimated to be about 18 sq mi if the map shown by Miyamoto/Aonuma is the whole world. So this game will probably be about 3 times bigger than Zelda U if we assume that the 5 times bigger estimate is only horizontal space and not vertical as well. If it is also vertical then Zelda U can possibly be a similar size since the 18 sq mi estimate does not include the surface area of mountains and pits.

Are you sure the first game was 12 sq mi? Because I've hard multiple different sizes.