By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No Charger Included!? Seriously!?

BlowoverKing said:
Roma said:
LOL making it bigger than it should be Nintendo. Why didn't you just charge more to add yet another charger along with the rest of them that aren't used anyway. just waist that materiel!

people saying if MS did this people would go insane bla bla, no actually I wouldn't since it would save me money and space as those are huge and I can use the old brick again.

Why on earth would this raise the cost of the system? People are already pointing out that they can buy chargers for $4 so obviously it cost Nintendo even less than that to make them. They could easily add the charger and keep the price at $200. 

why? because Nintendo wants to make as much profit as possible and even 50 sent makes a difference 

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network
Roma said:
BlowoverKing said:
Roma said:
LOL making it bigger than it should be Nintendo. Why didn't you just charge more to add yet another charger along with the rest of them that aren't used anyway. just waist that materiel!

people saying if MS did this people would go insane bla bla, no actually I wouldn't since it would save me money and space as those are huge and I can use the old brick again.

Why on earth would this raise the cost of the system? People are already pointing out that they can buy chargers for $4 so obviously it cost Nintendo even less than that to make them. They could easily add the charger and keep the price at $200. 

why? because Nintendo wants to make as much profit as possible and even 1 dollar makes a difference 

That's not what you said before. You said they do it so they're not wasting materials. They don't give a fuck about "wasting materials" since they're still manufacturing the chargers. It's all about money. That's it, nothing else. If you're happy that a company is screwing people over because they don't want to include a $3 piece of plastic (that they'll later charge $20 for) for an already overpriced $200 system then by all means carry on but don't try to justify it.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

mii-gamer said:
Nintendo's response:

“New Nintendo 3DS XL uses the same AC adapter as any Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo DSi system. Rather than raise cost of New Nintendo 3DS XL by charging consumers for a component they may already own, we are giving them the option to only buy if they need an AC adapter.”

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/14/new-3dsxl-doesnt-include-charger-here-are-some-options?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Have fun with your pitchforks!

So basically they don't want to include a $3 essential piece and they don't want new customers ... 

It's because Nintendo wants all Nintendo 3DS owners to upgrade. As dumb as it sounds, there isn't any other real reason for me, price doesn't rise just because you add a 4 dollar charger to the package.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

fatslob-:O said:
mii-gamer said:
Nintendo's response:

“New Nintendo 3DS XL uses the same AC adapter as any Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo DSi system. Rather than raise cost of New Nintendo 3DS XL by charging consumers for a component they may already own, we are giving them the option to only buy if they need an AC adapter.”

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/14/new-3dsxl-doesnt-include-charger-here-are-some-options?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

So basically they don't want to include a $3 essential piece and they don't want new customers ... 

I for one thank our overlords at Nintendo for spoiling us with choice.

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:

I for one thank our overlords at Nintendo for spoiling us with choice.

Is that sarcasm ? Cause I'm having trouble picking it up ... 

BlowoverKing said:

That's not what you said before. You said they do it so they're not wasting materials. They don't give a fuck about "wasting materials" since they're still manufacturing the chargers. It's all about money. That's it, nothing else. If you're happy that a company is screwing people over because they don't want to include a $3 piece of plastic (that they'll later charge $20 for) for an already overpriced $200 system then by all means carry on but don't try to justify it.

they do actually just look at the DS and 3DS boxes

I didn't say they do it for that though that was just me being... I don't even know what that word is in English. You're just reading it that way.

how are they screwing people over when they think most people who would buy it already have chargers? It's a fricken upgrade with added features that will mostly sell to people who care about deeper games coming out. you can still buy the other system with a charger.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

mii-gamer said:
Nintendo's response:

Drawing in new costumers won't be a problem, this thing is selling well in my country and has boost nintendo's shelf space in my area. The only people who will complain will be forum dwellers, while the real world will function normally like it isn't a big deal.

mii-gamer said:

Drawing in new costumers won't be a problem, this thing is selling well in my country and has boost nintendo's shelf space in my area. The only people who will complain will be forum dwellers, while the real world will function normally like it isn't a big deal.

@Bold Hmm, I wonder what will happen when they don't find a charger in the box ...

You say that this isn't a big deal but almost every portable device has a battery life ...

mii-gamer said:

@Bold Hmm, I wonder what will happen when they don't find a charger in the box ...

You say that this isn't a big deal but almost every portable device has a battery life ...

well it has "ac adaptor not included" in front of the box and the problem can be fixed quite easily - its not like consumers are forced to go to hell and back for a cheap adaptor.