By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No Charger Included!? Seriously!?

they should at least put a warning on the box that it doesn't include a charger and i really hope retail employee's give them the heads up about it

Around the Network

Lol the lame excuses from Nintendo fans. No wonder Nintendo wouldn't drop the price of Wii U even though the sales were poor.

Tachikoma said:
Its a proprietary charger, they should add the thing.
If Microsoft tried selling the xbox without a powerbrick you'd call them out on it, so why not nintendo?

Parent buys their kid a 3ds for christmas, doesnt know it doesnt come with a charger, kid opens it christmas day, uses up the initial charge reaches for the charger, finds nothing, now what, its christmas day and nowhere is open?

If they wanna cheap out and not include a charger they should put a non proprietory charge port on it.

This. And it would really give the user the maximum possible savings and efficiency.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Makes sense. The charger probably cost more to make than the 3DS itself considering the 3DS is pretty much a potato with 2 screens. Might as well try to make the already massive profit margins even larger.

Honestly there's no excuse for this. Just because you Europeans have been subjected to something this stupid for 4 or 5 years doesn't mean it's okay. Car manufactures might as well sell their cars without engines since my current car already has one or I could buy one separately.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

You can use even the old DS charger but I suppose others have said that already so don't read my post

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Around the Network

I can understand it to a degree with Europe, since just about every country has their own unique power outlets since they all hate each other and want to make travel needlessly complicated because fuck you, but in North America we all have the same outlets from Canada to Mexico; there's no good reason not to include a component to the system that literally makes the damn thing work.

Just give the stupid things phone charger compatiblility already......

I do have 4 chargers already but still (even WiiU gamepad not having the same charger as 3DS is complete nonsense and is almost "Vita needs memory card even tho has cartridges" stupidity.

LOL making it bigger than it should be Nintendo. Why didn't you just charge more to add yet another charger along with the rest of them that aren't used anyway. just waist that materiel!

people saying if MS did this people would go insane bla bla, no actually I wouldn't since it would save me money and space as those are huge and I can use the old brick again.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Nintendo's response:

“New Nintendo 3DS XL uses the same AC adapter as any Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo DSi system. Rather than raise cost of New Nintendo 3DS XL by charging consumers for a component they may already own, we are giving them the option to only buy if they need an AC adapter.”

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/14/new-3dsxl-doesnt-include-charger-here-are-some-options?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Have fun with your pitchforks!

Roma said:
LOL making it bigger than it should be Nintendo. Why didn't you just charge more to add yet another charger along with the rest of them that aren't used anyway. just waist that materiel!

people saying if MS did this people would go insane bla bla, no actually I wouldn't since it would save me money and space as those are huge and I can use the old brick again.

Why on earth would this raise the cost of the system? People are already pointing out that they can buy chargers for $4 so obviously it cost Nintendo even less than that to make them. They could easily add the charger and keep the price at $200. 

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)