By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - No Charger Included!? Seriously!?

Roma said:
BlowoverKing said:

That's not what you said before. You said they do it so they're not wasting materials. They don't give a fuck about "wasting materials" since they're still manufacturing the chargers. It's all about money. That's it, nothing else. If you're happy that a company is screwing people over because they don't want to include a $3 piece of plastic (that they'll later charge $20 for) for an already overpriced $200 system then by all means carry on but don't try to justify it.

they do actually just look at the DS and 3DS boxes

I didn't say they do it for that though that was just me being... I don't even know what that word is in English. You're just reading it that way.

how are they screwing people over when they think most people who would buy it already have chargers? It's a fricken upgrade with added features that will mostly sell to people who care about deeper games coming out. you can still buy the other system with a charger.

Sure when the system first releases the early adopters are probably current 3DS owners. But the fact is that they're not giving new a customers a choice. They're forcing  new customers to buy a piece of equipment that's vital to use the system for more than 6 hours seperately rather than including it like they have always done. And once again they could easily include the charger and keep the price at $200 and not affect anyone but they decide not too because it makes for sense for them, not the consumer.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

Around the Network
mii-gamer said:

well it has "ac adaptor not included" in front of the box and the problem can be fixed quite easily - its not like consumers are forced to go to hell and back for a cheap adaptor.

Then why not just make a $3 more expensive bundle ? 

A seperate AC adapter costs like $10 from the nintendo store ...

fatslob-:O said:
mii-gamer said:

well it has "ac adaptor not included" in front of the box and the problem can be fixed quite easily - its not like consumers are forced to go to hell and back for a cheap adaptor.

Then why not just make a $3 more expensive bundle ? 

A seperate AC adapter costs like $10 from the nintendo store ...

I don't know, probably want more profit on the hardware and selling standalone ac adaptor

Don't get the wrong idea. I'm not defending Nintendo, infact, I don't like it.

But in the grand scheme of things its not going to adversely affect anyone negatively and will likely be forgotten in a few weeks time like all video game scandals.

No, this is not the stupidest move Nintendo has done...
NOT RELEASING THE REGULAR NEW 3DS INS US IS, WHY?

mii-gamer said:

But in the grand scheme of things its not going to adversely affect anyone negatively and will likely be forgotten in a few weeks time like all video game scandals.

Like that PSN breach or the pre-launch of the XB1 ... 

Around the Network
fatslob-:O said:
mii-gamer said:

Like that PSN breach or the pre-launch of the XB1 ... 

yep, like the RROD on the xbox 360, drm on diablo 3, and skyrim on ps3

mii-gamer said:

yep, like the RROD on the xbox 360, drm on diablo 3, and skyrim on ps3

Or the FFXIII going multiplat and the $599 thing ...

mii-gamer said:
Nintendo's response:

“New Nintendo 3DS XL uses the same AC adapter as any Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo DSi system. Rather than raise cost of New Nintendo 3DS XL by charging consumers for a component they may already own, we are giving them the option to only buy if they need an AC adapter.”

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/14/new-3dsxl-doesnt-include-charger-here-are-some-options?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Have fun with your pitchforks!

Option? The option!? I don't want the option! Who do they think they are deciding for me whether to have an option? I want to get stuck with two chargers when I only need one! What the hell Nintendo!? WHAT THE HELL!?

I can't even afford $10, $5 for refurbished with 90-day warranty. What jerks, assuming out of the blue that I can spare $10.

So N3DS is for 3DS user demographic. Lol , I guess Nintendo is Nintendo at all.

Pure cash-grabbing.