By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii games now available on Wii U according to direct? Get hypoed!!!! Winter Drought has ended baby! Everything is in Jan-Feb! Tingle!!!!!!!!!

Will Tingle be the best DLC Hyrule Warriors has to offer?

Hell Yes Ryguy you Bitch! 23 27.06%

Nah dog ( Watch what you call me^^^ !!) 4 4.71%

No 11 12.94%

Just Yes 4 4.71%

See results 18 21.18%

Yes 2 2.35%

Better than kissing Reggi... 13 15.29%

Other post below 1 1.18%

Maybe, depends on what his powers are 5 5.88%

I am number 10 :3 :3 :3 4 4.71%

Total:85
spemanig said:
Samus Aran said:

Unless I'm mistaken, Nintendo handhelds have made them more money than any Playstation platform, that's why.

I think he was asking why they are supporting the Wii U. Weaker in revenue, not specs.

Because there is a limit to the amount of money they can make on handhelds. That's why it's also necessary to invest in new markets, even if they bring in less money.

If Nintendo doubled their production of software for the 3DS it wouldn't mean that it would have 80 million hardware sold by now. There comes a point where the added investments don't bring in enough revenue anymore. 

I'm sure Nintendo's research team have actual numbers to back this sort of stuff up. 

Around the Network
Nogamez said:

Ha well music and film i download or stream but for some reason i prefer to buy a game physically. Dont know why

Probably because console gaming hasn't fully embraced digital yet. It's very clearly moving there, though. What I'm waiting for is the first console to abandon disks entirely, even if it means two SKUs. I think Nintendo's next handheld will be all digital, and then the console will come in 2 SKUs; one with a disk drive and like no memory, and one with no disk drive and a ton of it. Both SKUs at the same price. I also think they will soon reveal a reward system similar to the digital deluxe program to incentivise digital purchases.

Once there's a console to set the example, digital gaming will be more convinient (not like it isn't already) and more people will jump ship, just like with PCs, until it's basically obsolete.

I truly don't understand why people aren't doing it already though. It's like having a smart phone, except its a game console. Everything is right in front of you. Even the prices regularly are favorable. There are a shit ton of sales all year round.

Samus Aran said:

Because there is a limit to the amount of money they can make on handhelds. That's why it's also necessary to invest in new markets, even if they bring in less money.

If Nintendo doubled their production of software for the 3DS it wouldn't mean that it would have 80 million hardware sold by now. There comes a point where the added investments don't bring in enough revenue anymore. 

I'm sure Nintendo's research team have actual numbers to back this sort of stuff up. 

Lmao, don't tell me that. He was the one wondering, not me.

spemanig said:
Samus Aran said:

Lmao, don't tell me that. He was the one wondering, not me.

I was too lazy to dig up his post. 

Kuksenkov said:
CladInShadows said:
jigokutamago said:
Xenoblade please Xenoblade please Xenoblade please Xenoblade please Xenoblade please Xenoblade please Xenoblade please Xenoblade please Xenoblade please Xenoblade please Xenoblade please Xenoblade please Xenoblade please Xenoblade please Xenoblade please Xenoblade please Xenoblade please Xenoblade please Xenoblade please Xenoblade please Xenoblade please Xenoblade please Xenoblade please Xenoblade please Xenoblade please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty much this. I don't want to have to get a New 3DS or resort to piracy and emulation to play the game (though I will if I have to).

You'll be a criminal. Ewww.

No worse than those guys who sell the game for anywhere from 100 to 10000 dollars on ebay. which Nintendo sees none of.  If Nintendo re-released the game right now for the Wii or Wii U, I would buy it.  Right this instant.  But they haven't.

Around the Network

They better release Xenoblade.

What I'm curious about. The file size of the games. Say I want to buy Metroid Prime Trilogy. Around what would the size be? I have a 32gig Wii U.

WOOHOO! Never got around to playing Galaxy 2 and the Metroid Trilogy.

Einsam_Delphin said:

First quarter alone and only, as post April the 3DS has nothing while the Wii U is stacked, which is the real issue here.

The Wii U isn't stacked, but it is building a very strong library over time. The DS is stacked. I'm still getting the Wii U this year though.

For anyone claiming this isn't a big deal because the WiiU is backwards compatible:

These games will be on your WiiU...as in, if you get the urge to play smg2 or Metroid prime trilogy, you don't have to get up to change the disk. This is huge. I've been working on the trilogy on hard these last few months, but I lose focus when I take the game out. It hasn't been back in for the past few weeks.

At $20...and an introductory offer of $10, you just can't beat it. This may be the news I needed to finally get me to break down and buy a hard drive. Anyone know a great deal on one right now?

spemanig said:
Skidmore said:
Half the price, he means $25?

They damn sure better not be $50 at full price a generation later.

$ 9,00 each in the first week. $18 each after first week