By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Quantic Dream: Great News Coming In January

Let me try it: shocking!

Seriously, we heard rumors about this months ago.

Around the Network
Experimental42 said:
Remakes almost always sell a mere fraction of the original release. None of their games are extremely impressive, and only one really sold enough to even justify an HD release.

Best news would be David cage stepped down and they learned how to make gameplay a feature in a video game.

Oh, I see, you're one of those people who think your tastes are the worlds tastes and no developer should make a game you don't like. Can we all play? Kill FPS please! I hate them.

The PS5 Exists. 

I actually do hope it's a remaster/re-release because

a) I haven't played B2S
b) revealing their new game can be left for E3, no need to do it yet. Pretty sure it's not meant to be released before June, that one.

GribbleGrunger said:
Experimental42 said:
Remakes almost always sell a mere fraction of the original release. None of their games are extremely impressive, and only one really sold enough to even justify an HD release.

Best news would be David cage stepped down and they learned how to make gameplay a feature in a video game.

Oh, I see, you're one of those people who think your tastes are the worlds tastes and no developer should make a game you don't like. Can we all play? Kill FPS please! I hate them.

Where's the sense in HD releasing a game that performed poorly in the first place? They had one game that actually did really well and that was more of a lucky break than talent. Updating a Quantic Dream game serves literally no purpose other than looking prettier as there's no gamplay enhancement to be had from it.

Experimental42 said:

Where's the sense in HD releasing a game that performed poorly in the first place? They had one game that actually did really well and that was more of a lucky break than talent. Updating a Quantic Dream game serves literally no purpose other than looking prettier as there's no gamplay enhancement to be had from it.

LOL. Clearly there's no point in continuing this conversation. You have everything covered.

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
Experimental42 said:

1) If VGC numbers are correct it actually performed well specially taking into account the period it was released in (others suffered a bigger % drop like GT6)

2) Wouldn't that be more of a reason to do it? Remastering is cheaper than developing it, so it can turn a non profitable game into a profitable one.

GribbleGrunger said:
DerNebel said:
Maybe they'll announce that they have finally decide to make real games. :D

Booooo!

Or perhaps they'll announce they've finally hired a decent script writer (serious about this one).

Yeah, I mean I'm seriously not too interested in their games (even though I watched Heavy Rain and Beyond on youtube, don't ask me why) but that's something I definitely noticed, the writing is sometimes horrendous in QD games, I mean just that whole mall scene at the beginning of Heavy Rain is so stupid and forced, I just can't believe that they thought that was good.

DerNebel said:

Yeah, I mean I'm seriously not too interested in their games (even though I watched Heavy Rain and Beyond on youtube, don't ask me why) but that's something I definitely noticed, the writing is sometimes horrendous in QD games, I mean just that whole mall scene at the beginning of Heavy Rain is so stupid and forced, I just can't believe that they thought that was good.

I would advise you to play Heavy Rain if you can get it cheap enough but having played TLOU and then watching a couple of playthroughs of B:TS, I just couldn't bring myself to buy it. Cage has the right idea and how he decides to utilise it is entirely up to him, but he is too focused on emotion. Lots of his scenes are set up to create emotion so the dialogue and narrative feel 'forced' and not naturally flowing. He just needs to understand that emotion shouldn't be a goal, it should be a product of a narrative that necessitates certain situations. ND get it, Cage doesn't (just yet). ND think: 'This is a sad situation. How can we make the gamer feel it?' Cage thinks: 'I want someone to cry. What can we do to lead them to tears?'

The PS5 Exists. 

i want something knew. played their ps3 games and wouldn't play them again on ps4. i have them on ps3 if i want. just make something knew.

Well, an announcement should be coming up soon then, we're halfway through the month already!

A new game would be fantastic, but I'd settle for a Heavy Rain remaster.