By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Quantic Dream: Great News Coming In January

It will be a new game:

Heavy Soul: Beyond Two Rains

Around the Network

Loved Heavy Rain, haven't played Beyond: Two Souls(I have it, just need time). Would rather a new game from them rather than a remaster of the aforementioned games.

maybe they are gonna announce that they are Sony first party now?

bananaking21 said:

That crossed my mind too but wouldn't that be best saved for E3?

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
bananaking21 said:

not really. they didnt announce Sucker Punch being first party at E3. dont think GG or MM's acquisitions where announced at a event either. Announce they are first party now, then announce their game at E3. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
bananaking21 said:

It'd be great for building up hype for their next project.

bananaking21 said:

not really. they didnt announce Sucker Punch being first party at E3. dont think GG or MM's acquisitions where announced at a event either. Announce they are first party now, then announce their game at E3. 

Yeah, think about it, you're right. Maybe then ... you never know.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
bananaking21 said:

Yeah, think about it, you're right. Maybe then ... you never know.

hopefully. then they would get even more support and Sony would show even more commitment to the team. they would fit right in their first party line up and help add diversity to it. also, they just posted this on their facebook page.

Quantic Dream is happy to announce that CHRISTOPHER SCHMITZ has joined our studio as PRODUCTION DIRECTOR, a new position within our studio.

In 22 years of game development experience, Chris has worked in programming and production roles with a strong focus on management. Before joining QD, he spent close to eight years at Ubisoft Blue Byte where he was Director of Product Development supervising the 280 men strong development unit and being the executive producer of several Ubisoft IPs.
Besides his production roles Chris has been giving lectures about project management at various Universities in Germany. He holds an MBA degree in International Management from Liverpool John Moores University in the UK.

"We are very happy to welcome such a well-versed professional, said co-CEO and Executive Producer Guillaume de Fondaumière. Chris will be working in close collaboration with David Cage and myself, with the ambition to make our studio evolve into a next generation game development powerhouse. Our projects are very ambitious and innovative and we are looking for the industry's best professionals to bolster and lead our team."

“It is a pleasure and an honor to work for one of the most renowned AAA game development studios in Europe, said Chistopher Schmitz. Due to QD track record and experience in the creation of benchmark products it was just a perfect and natural choice for me!”

bananaking21 said:

hopefully. then they would get even more support and Sony would show even more commitment to the team. they would fit right in their first party line up and help add diversity to it. also, they just posted this on their facebook page.

Quantic Dream is happy to announce that CHRISTOPHER SCHMITZ has joined our studio as PRODUCTION DIRECTOR, a new position within our studio.

In 22 years of game development experience, Chris has worked in programming and production roles with a strong focus on management. Before joining QD, he spent close to eight years at Ubisoft Blue Byte where he was Director of Product Development supervising the 280 men strong development unit and being the executive producer of several Ubisoft IPs.
Besides his production roles Chris has been giving lectures about project management at various Universities in Germany. He holds an MBA degree in International Management from Liverpool John Moores University in the UK.

"We are very happy to welcome such a well-versed professional, said co-CEO and Executive Producer Guillaume de Fondaumière. Chris will be working in close collaboration with David Cage and myself, with the ambition to make our studio evolve into a next generation game development powerhouse. Our projects are very ambitious and innovative and we are looking for the industry's best professionals to bolster and lead our team."

“It is a pleasure and an honor to work for one of the most renowned AAA game development studios in Europe, said Chistopher Schmitz. Due to QD track record and experience in the creation of benchmark products it was just a perfect and natural choice for me!”

Mmm, there were rumours of them hiring scriptwriters too. Sony gave them that opportunity at the film convention, so perhaps Sony are pulling strings to help build the studio with the intentiions of a full purchase. RAD next! Hopefully.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:

Mmm, there were rumours of them hiring scriptwriters too. Sony gave them that opportunity at the film convention, so perhaps Sony are pulling strings to help build the studio with the intentiions of a full purchase. RAD next! Hopefully.

there are also rumors that they now have two PS4 projects in the works, wouldnt be surprising considering they had two teams on working on their PS4 game and one on B2S. 

ready at dawn is a tougher acquisition though. they still have to prove that they can create their own successful franchises.