By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - China has just banned the burqa in its biggest Muslim city

padib said:
DanneSandin said:

Yes, these are certainly interesting things, but it like we're derailing the thread :) and I need to sleep anyways ^^

We are not derailing, it's actually an important point in the thread, because it distinguishes between violent fanaticism and non-violent fanaticism or moderate religiousity.

If I said enjoy your rest, then I would be derailing the thread.

Enjoy your rest.

Aaaaw no u di'int! ;)

while its an important point to make that not all religious people are fanatics, we'vs started to argue what kind of morale the religions offer ;)

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network

Great news, now if only they could do the same in all non Muslim countries.

badgenome said:
DanneSandin said:

So far it seems as if they're trying to bury their heads as deep as possible in the sand, and all that does is strenghtening SD. I dont understand why the other politicians dont see this! Some reforms SD wants to make were suggested some 8 years ago or so by a different party, but they got so much shit for it that they withdrew the suggestion. The actual suggestion itself? That learning/knowing Swedish should be a recuirment for becoming a citizen. Yeah.

And they wonder why the extremists are looking more and more like a reasonable alternative.

Right?! They were all shocked that SD became the THIRD (3rd) biggest party this past election. Wonder why... now, I wouldnt vote for them, but I can see why people do it, and its mostly just because of one thing: imigration. Or maybe more precisly, the lack of INTEGRATION. I dont think most ppl care, lr even knows, that theyre preeeetty conservative (by Swedish standards).

padib said:
DanneSandin said:

Aaaaw no u di'int! ;)

while its an important point to make that not all religious people are fanatics, we'vs started to argue what kind of morale the religions offer ;)

Hence why I shelved those topics in my post. Pay attention Danne ;)

Paying attention is for ppl thats wide awake ^^

First of all, I don't get this confusion between an outlaw and religion... Yes the matter is about a blasphemy offending the sacred prophet but, only three individuals committed this crime not the whole muslim community, who btw denounces such barbarities. We never hear in the news about 'Christian committing this or that..' we just call him by their personal name, not in the name of the religion.

And WHY should we attack others' fundamentals just as a punishment for someone else's acts ?

Around the Network

Gee an oppressive regime with a not very good human rights record oppressing a religious minority; shocking!

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Mafuba said:
Great news, now if only they could do the same in all non Muslim countries.

They better not. At least not in the US. That freedom of religion thing wouldn't go so well after that 

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Kerotan said:
kinisking said:
Kerotan said:
kinisking said:
What the hell? Hijabs too? I understand the niqabs. But how is a hijab any worse than a hat or something? Banning this in a place with half Muslim population? Yeah that'll go well

That area used to be 90% Muslim but the government is flooding it with their hans population.  Won't be long before Muslims are a small minority everywhere in China.  

Excuse me if I'm wrong but it sounds like that's a good thing to you..? The way you said it lol

Maybe I do think it's a good thing but I didn't say what I think. And I won't either.  some opinions are best kept to yourself. 

I do think I was right in assuming that but I won't pressure. I'm a Muslim and after isis, Alqaeda, and all this other shit I have no right to get upset. 

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

SnowPrince said:
First of all, I don't get this confusion between an outlaw and religion... Yes the matter is about a blasphemy offending the sacred prophet but, only three individuals committed this crime not the whole muslim community, who btw denounces such barbarities. We never hear in the news about 'Christian committing this or that..' we just call him by their personal name, not in the name of the religion.

And WHY should we attack others' fundamentals just as a punishment for someone else's acts ?

The difference is these guys did it in the name of Islam. They did the killing to avenge their prophet. When a Christian commits a crime to avenge Jesus then their Christianity will be brought up.

DanneSandin said:
Lafiel said:

the problem is that burqas and niqabs are used as everyday clothing and refused to remove anywhere else than at home / as long as strangers are present

But wouldn't it make more sense to ban all the masking of the face? Not just burqas? No, as it is, they're targeting peoples religion and culture, and for no good reason. This way, anyone could walk around with a ski mask on, and it wouldn't be illegal, when that's the kind of practice they SHOULD gop after

the important part is "everyday" - these dresses are used everywhere outside of home/ outside of only women (maybe even only muslim women) meetings, which makes them inherently anti-social and anti-integrational, which imo can't be tolerated in a multicultural society (and I think even in a muslim-only society it's pretty detrimental)

I haven't heard of a case where a person wears a ski mask or any non-prosthetic mask everyday he refuses to put off outside of very special circumstances and if such a person exists he will suffer consequences on a personal level for that, so legislation against that practice seems unnecessary to me