By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - China has just banned the burqa in its biggest Muslim city

badgenome said:
DanneSandin said:

Indeed, and I think we're seeing a backlash to that now, for better or worse...

It's hard to say which. While I'm glad to see a pushback at long last, these things usually go from one extreme to the other.

Yes, I'm glad there's a puch back as well, but it's from the wrong party. The Swedish Democrats have their roots in actual racist movements - and that's NOT the way to go. Hopefully, all the other parties gets a  wake up call and can sort this shit out before SD gets too much power and fucks shit up.

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
Ruler said:
well china is atheist so its fair imo

They pray to their ancestors.  They are not exactly darwinests 

kinisking said:
What the hell? Hijabs too? I understand the niqabs. But how is a hijab any worse than a hat or something? Banning this in a place with half Muslim population? Yeah that'll go well

That area used to be 90% Muslim but the government is flooding it with their hans population.  Won't be long before Muslims are a small minority everywhere in China.  

DanneSandin said:

Yes, I'm glad there's a puch back as well, but it's from the wrong party. The Swedish Democrats have their roots in actual racist movements - and that's NOT the way to go. Hopefully, all the other parties gets a  wake up call and can sort this shit out before SD gets too much power and fucks shit up.

Do mainstream politicians seem to be responding at all? Or do you expect them to just keep calling anyone with legitimate concerns a racist and continue to strengthen the hand of the SD?

padib said:
DanneSandin said:

Oh goodie ^^

Well, just because there is a good verse for every evil verse doesn't make the Bible a moraly right and good book. I mean, Hitler did some good things for Germany before he started WWII. Does that mean we could/should just forget all the (very) bad things he did? The same thing can probably be said about Stalin.

Going by Lot's actions, he was far from a good man, far from a good morale example. We could even take a look at God himself and deduce that it's a jealous and moraly corrupt God. What did he do to the first borns of Egypt when ONE Egytian refused to let the Jews go? He murdered a whole generation of innocent children. If that isn't sick, I don't know what is. With ll his might there would have been thousands of other ways to convince the Pharao to let the Jews go.

My point about good and bad verses is that, people follow religions. If a religion has some good verses and some bad, at some point those opposing forces will clash. A person practicing the religion honestly will have to ask themselves, at their core, what values they wish to pursue and which they wish to ignore.

In contrast Hitler did great things and he did horrible things, however these never were in opposition when it came to the interests of the german people. It is also true that many germans were not fully aware of what was happening behind closed doors, and only the most fanatic were able to pursue the evil things Hitler advanced. It is the same thing with religion.

The answers to the other theological points in this post are much wider in scope than this thread allows. Perhaps we can find a better place to answer them.

Yes, these are certainly interesting things, but it feels like we're derailing the thread :) and I need to sleep anyways ^^

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
kinisking said:
What the hell? Hijabs too? I understand the niqabs. But how is a hijab any worse than a hat or something? Banning this in a place with half Muslim population? Yeah that'll go well

That area used to be 90% Muslim but the government is flooding it with their hans population.  Won't be long before Muslims are a small minority everywhere in China.  

Excuse me if I'm wrong but it sounds like that's a good thing to you..? The way you said it lol

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

I wish they would do the same in Australia.

badgenome said:
DanneSandin said:

Do mainstream politicians seem to be responding at all? Or do you expect them to just keep calling anyone with legitimate concerns a racist and continue to strengthen the hand of the SD?

So far it seems as if they're trying to bury their heads as deep as possible in the sand, and all that does is strenghtening SD. I dont understand why the other politicians dont see this! Some reforms SD wants to make were suggested some 8 years ago or so by a different party, but they got so much shit for it that they withdrew the suggestion. The actual suggestion itself? That learning/knowing Swedish should be a recuirment for becoming a citizen. Yeah.

kinisking said:
Kerotan said:
kinisking said:

Excuse me if I'm wrong but it sounds like that's a good thing to you..? The way you said it lol

Maybe I do think it's a good thing but I didn't say what I think. And I won't either.  some opinions are best kept to yourself. 

DanneSandin said:

So far it seems as if they're trying to bury their heads as deep as possible in the sand, and all that does is strenghtening SD. I dont understand why the other politicians dont see this! Some reforms SD wants to make were suggested some 8 years ago or so by a different party, but they got so much shit for it that they withdrew the suggestion. The actual suggestion itself? That learning/knowing Swedish should be a recuirment for becoming a citizen. Yeah.

And they wonder why the extremists are looking more and more like a reasonable alternative.