By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Legend of Zelda: are you a boy or a girl?

Female and Male Link Ftw?

nope, you're crazy, Link is a MAN! 49 71.01%

It would be great and more inclusive 9 13.04%

Zelda is awesome anyway, ... 11 15.94%

Total:69

So, Imagine an open world zelda game where Link is not too important to the story (like almost every zelda game) You can choose your gender and the story would be the same, but based on your gender, some npcs are going to react different. Perhaps "Malon" would be in love with link like almost every girl in the franchise, but a "hyrule soldier" would be in love with female link. The story would be the same, but some minor things like that and side quests are going to be "the same but different".

I used to think "NOPE, Link is a boy and that's it! fuhgeddaboudit" but if Mass Effect and almost every role playing game can do it, zelda can do it too. Shepard is the same character, female or male, the same hero of the galaxy. Zelda is one of those franchises with a lot of female fans, so that could be great for them, I would play with female or male Link, I'm a zelda fanboy and I don't care tbh (If Link is not important to the story)... so what do you think?.

Around the Network

I don't care if Link is a boy or a girl as long as I can have sex with Epona. Since OP put the example of Shepard, why not? Shepard fucks aliens whether he's male or female. Time for Link to do the same with his/her everlasting companion.

So we can get some yuri with princess Zelda?

Gah, fix your broke-ass site, brett.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

imo, Link is male and so should it stay if you want to have leading female protagonist then make a game were zelda is the main character, except being good this time.

Screw that until I get the option to make Link lefty again. More games should give a handedness option but 90% dont v.v and the fact that he's traditionally been one until SS (TP Wii version doesnt count) and now seemingly the new one too is annoying, especially since it's supposed to be "easier" for right handed people to have a right handed Link. What about left handed people?

Around the Network

I think Link's always been a boy, but it's Nintendo's game, if they want to give people the choice of being a male or female Link it doesn't really matter too much.
There were people speculating that the character in Nintendo's first trailer for the game since the Wii U was announced was actually Zelda.

Given that The Legend of Zelda is the name this game could actually have you play as Zelda, rather than Link.

What I find far more interesting than all of the gender discussion is the possibility that this TLOZ may actually be a current gen remake of the original NES game, some people believe that the maps actually match up with major landmarks that have been seen in the stuff that's been revealed about the Wii U game so far.

Whatever happens to be the case about the gender of the character you play or the overall setting do the game I just can't wait to get my hands on this and Starfox later this year. Hopefully more details are given about both later this month in the rumored Nintendo event.

No, Link should stay as he is. I am perfectly happy with choice in new franchises, or playing as a female character (I have often chose to do so in the games that have allowed it), but changing for change's sake is not worth it.

He is a boy. We don't need to change that. The series need to fix other things, not the genre of Link.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Link is a male character, instead of making a female version of him I think it would be way better to give the option to play one of the female characters in the Zelda universe, like friggin Zelda herself for example

Wright said:

I don't care if Link is a boy or a girl as long as I can have sex with Epona. Since OP put the example of Shepard, why not? Shepard fucks aliens whether he's male or female. Time for Link to do the same with his/her everlasting companion.

That's disgusting. In the Zelda universe the sex does not exist. They born because the goddesses says so.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile