By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Legend of Zelda: are you a boy or a girl?

Female and Male Link Ftw?

nope, you're crazy, Link is a MAN! 49 71.01%

It would be great and more inclusive 9 13.04%

Zelda is awesome anyway, ... 11 15.94%

Total:69

Do I want to play as a female Link? Yes, absolutely.

Should they mess with the story and force it in? Should they just slap a pair of boobs on link and change nothing?
No. Noooooooo

It is a story after all, and I think Link should stay as Link. Having mutliple playable characters, maybe certain parts of the story is seen from different people or something, hell yeah. But stay true to the formula.

Around the Network

Im questioning the importance of Link being the main hero in the first place. Of course Link is a boy, thats who he always was. If a female role was being added to the series she should be a separate character from the Link we all know and love.
For an example of how this works wonderfully, The Witcher 3 you will mainly play as Geralt, but have the option also to play Ciri.
It does seem dumb though to add a female character just for the sake of being a female. That's something Dragon Age does very obviously.

I don't particularly care what their gender is, but at the same time it's supposed to be an extension of yourself, so I'd imagine that women might want to play as a female Link. The option doesn't hurt at the end of the day.

But yeah, it's not overly important.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.