By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo and scalpers are best friends.

Hyrule Warriors LE

Windwaker HD LE

Majoras Mask LE

Mario Kart 8 LE

Amiibos

Gamecube adapters...

Of course, I'm sure there are more examples if we were to list them all out, but honestly I'm simply tired of Nintendo's business practices regarding these particular products. 

Getting a limited edition Nintendo game at retail is truly an accomplishment. If you're able to get one, kudos to you, because you practically won the lottery. Seriously, I understand limited edition to a degree... BUT if the LE products are selling out almost instantly, then the company offering them might need to check how those products are being sold, where they're being sold, and possibly increase the quantity of items available. Work on fairer distribution, so I don't have to go to Scalpasaurus Rex on Ebay just to get some otherwise relatively cheap plastic representation of a character I really want and that would probably look fantastic next to my other plastic representations of the Zelda franchise. IM LOOKING AT YOU SKULL KID... Stop teasing me with your LE games on Twitter Nintendo...

Amiibos are a true gem for scalpers. Buy up all the predictable Amiibos that will most likely be the most limited and watch them print money for you. These Amiibos are literally DS's in a figure form... Though there is a reasonable out to this and that is to buy non-US versions, which can save you a bit of money, but you will still be paying over retail. Best of luck if you like Marth or the Villager :P

Gamecube adapters... Retail price: $19.99... and I'll just leave this here. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gamecube-Adapter-For-Wii-U-/261721792014?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cefd59e0e ... Yup I'm done... I don't even feel like expanding my thoughts on this disaster.

Nintendo needs to fire some people in marketing and get a better scope on the supply and demand, along with distribution of their products. And then maybe Nintendo can make some more money.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Around the Network

I could buy a MK8 LE and WWHD LE right now. They are far from rare...

Least it costs $69 har har har... har.. ha... T_T Fucking scalpers

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I'm so glad I pre-ordered my GC adapters. I think Nintendo is pretty much the only company I'll pre-order for since I don't trust their stocks.

KLXVER said:

MK8 LE in North America... was kind of rare :(

Around the Network

I understand the LE's going out of stock fast. They're limited, of course. To a lesser extent, I understand the amiibo and GC adapter shortages, but I'm far less forgiving of those. They need to increase stock of those yesterday.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

PenguinZ said:
KLXVER said:

MK8 LE in North America... was kind of rare :(

So rare I didn't even know it existed!

Einsam_Delphin said:

So rare I didn't even know it existed!

I think it was limited to 350 units in the Nintendo World Store in New York. The same story with Hyrule Warriors LE.

And then they're like "hurr durr, how can we make more money?"

Mystro-Sama said:
And then they're like "hurr durr, how can we make more money?"

True...