By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What cheat codes have remained in your memory to this day?

Age of Empires 2

marco- all map explored

polo- fog of war eliminated

cheese steak jimmy's- 1000 food

lumberjack- 1000 wood

robin hood- 1000 gold

rock on- 1000 stone

torpedo- type # of desired player, no spaces after torpedo, to kill that player

black death- you win instantly as everyone dies

wimpy wimpy wimpy- you die utterly and completely and lose

Now for the fun ones:

natural wonders- become nature, hawks explore but aren't units, if all land animals die you lose, even deer can attack by nibbling

to smithereens- summon petard, a suicide bomber

how do you turn this on- summon car with machine guns

i love the monkey head- summon a naked man that runs faster than anything, even the car, crosses biggest maps in seconds, does nothing else whatsoever

I'm a dirty, dirty cheater. I'm sure I missed one, though. Know what's fun? Open chat, enter the car code but don't enter, instead ctrl+c to copy first, then just enter, ctrl+v, enter, as fast as you can, army of cars in a minute, raze entire maps without moving your starting villagers. Never gets old.

Edit: remembered some more

aegis- everything builds and researches instantly, for you and your enemy

i r winner- win without killing anyone

resign- lose immediately without dying

I think I'm still missing some, but those were all the ones I used, for the most part.

Around the Network

I used to use Gameshark

Shinmue
FFVII
FFVIII
RE3
Omega Boost

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Ashitaka92 said:

"marco polo" to reveal the whole map in Age of Empires 2 - you had to enter "marco" and then "polo" but not together, and "lumberjack" to get free wood, there were a lot more but I don't remember

You never tried the "how do you turn this on"? I think this is the best cheat available in the game. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Blue, orange, yellow, orange, blue, orange, yellow, yellow

Also, "godofgta".

Metallox said:
Ashitaka92 said:

"marco polo" to reveal the whole map in Age of Empires 2 - you had to enter "marco" and then "polo" but not together, and "lumberjack" to get free wood, there were a lot more but I don't remember

You never tried the "how do you turn this on"? I think this is the best cheat available in the game. 

Is that the one that makes some car appear?

English is not my native language

Around the Network

007 373 5963 Code to fight Mike Tyson

Konami Code uuddlrlrbaba

That is all that comes to mind. Also using the second controller to cheat like hell in Mega Man 3.

Ashitaka92 said:
Metallox said:
Ashitaka92 said:

Is that the one that makes some car appear?

Yep, they are called Cobras if I'm correct. I really never finished the last missions of each campaign in Maximum diffculty without using them.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:

Yep, they are called Cobras if I'm correct. I really never finished the last missions of each campaign in Maximum diffculty without using them.

I remember my cousin taught me that code because I was being wrecked by the Ottoman turks in the Lepanto scenery from The Conquerors

English is not my native language

Some that I remember (too lazy to type them all out)...

Konami Code (obviously)
Justin Bailey Metroid code
Kid Icarus skip to the end code
Zelda 2nd quest code (duh)
Banjo Kazooie sandcastle codes
Star Wars Shadows of the Empire debug code
Weapons / ammo / health / various cheat codes for GTA III / Vice City / San Andreas

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Bloodrayned 2 -- Juggy mode: Fake Bust Cunningly Distorted

Konami code became ingrained into my muscle memory.