By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - In which cases do you consider piracy legitimate?

Tagged games:

Darwinianevolution said:
KLXVER said:
Ka-pi96 said:

When you already own it. Which is also the only time piracy is legal, so yay for that

Its still not legal...

I'm sure it is, it's called a back-up copy.

No. Thats just something people say to justify it...

Around the Network

As far as I am concerned Piracy is only OK when you cannot get the game in your country or you can't buy it anymore. Other than that it is NOT acceptable for any other reason.

Nuff said.

1. As Pbroy said: When you are poor and therefore pirating is the only way to enjoy stuff on your relatively expensive console/PC.
2. When you've already bought the game/movie.
3. When the game/movie are really old and/or only small amounts were sold.
4. When your paying over $20 more than people in the U.S.A.

B.T.W: I pirate games and movies and I have none of these problems except for a little bit of 1 and 4.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

JWeinCom said:
None. Absolutely never.

If you pirate stuff you're a thief. It's as simple as that.

I'm not going to sit here and pretend my hard drive isn't full of copyrighted material, but I'm also not going to say I had any right to it. I stole it.

This is the only right answer to this thread, in my opinion.  I like that you acknowledge the act but don't feel the need to justify it with paper thin arguments.

I live in south america and games are expensive. I can afford videogames now but this wasn't always the case... Besides it goes without punishment over here! So why not?

Call me a motherfucker, go on. See if I care.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Around the Network
Mr.Playstation said:
1. As Pbroy said: When you are poor and therefore pirating is the only way to enjoy stuff on your relatively expensive console/PC.
2. When you've already bought the game/movie.
3. When the game/movie are really old and/or only small amounts were sold.
4. When your paying over $20 more than people in the U.S.A.

I would also add "when the game has been part of shady bussiness or any kind of misleading to consumers". I mean, there are a ton of half-made games selling online that trick consumers (that happens a lot in AAA tiers too).

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Anfebious said:
I live in south america and games are expensive. I can afford videogames now but this wasn't always the case... Besides it goes without punishment over here! So why not?

Motherfucking is cool, as long as she's hot and you don't cum inside. you don't want to be a daddy to your own brother/sister/it, now do you? If you're ok with that, then that's ok too. It's your life

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Anfebious said:

That's tempting dude...

But yeah, I know what you mean. And it's so easy to find pirated products that it's just stupid to buy the official ones (which are ~5x more expensive over here than in NA).

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

pbroy said:
Anfebious said:

Motherfucking is cool, as long as she's hot and you don't cum inside. you don't want to be a daddy to your own brother/sister/it, now do you? If your ok with that, then that's ok too. It's your life

If she is hot AND is my friends mother then yeah it's very cool. I wouldn't touch my own mother. (other people's mothers are fine though)

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

Only time I consider it justifiable is if you already own it but something happened to the disk/cartridge/console and you can't play it anymore. Other than that, there are cases where it's benign, but no cases where it's justifiable.