By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - In which cases do you consider piracy legitimate?

Tagged games:

Exactly what is says on the title. In which ocassions do you think piracy is justified, if not beneficial?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Stuff like MAME ROMs since many arcade games cant be found on consoles...

Situations like where I had bout a copy of Red Alert 2 about TEN times over the course of a decade (and kept losing/selling them). I'd earnt that right to just have it for free!

Other than that, nothing else springs to mind.

In all cases (joking, calm ur tits)

When I own the game or its freakishly old or its not available for purchase in my region

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

When you live in a country that doesn't offer any means to aquire the products legitimately. Also you may be poor and will never ever have a way to enjoy anything in your entire life, because you can't afford it. I support both, if it's for personal use.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network

When it's almost impossible to get said game/console to play for whatever reasons.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Ka-pi96 said:

When you already own it. Which is also the only time piracy is legal, so yay for that

Its still not legal...

KLXVER said:
Ka-pi96 said:

When you already own it. Which is also the only time piracy is legal, so yay for that

Its still not legal...

I'm sure it is, it's called a back-up copy.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

None. Absolutely never.

If you pirate stuff you're a thief. It's as simple as that.

I'm not going to sit here and pretend my hard drive isn't full of copyrighted material, but I'm also not going to say I had any right to it. I stole it.

Darwinianevolution said:

Exactly what is says on the title. In which ocassions do you think piracy is justified, if not beneficial?

when there's no pc demos for games like AC Unity and Dead rising 3. <-- personal experiences.