By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Prediction: PS4 will sell 37,000,000 by Dec 31. 2015

I'm not going to disagree with you because it's crazy how fast it's selling without any system sellers out as of yet (exclusives)

Around the Network
spemanig said:
It definitely won't get a price but, but I can see it getting 36m by the end of 2016 without one, so 37m doesn't seem like much of a stretch. Don't think China will help either. All in all, though, I agree with your prediction.

You really don't think it'll get one?  I could see them doing a $50 one in September.  I don't think they'll do $100 price cuts this gen.  They'll want the big boosts without sacrificing as many future profits.  The more price cuts you can get in the better because they always make for big boosts but if you go in $50 intervals you can do it a lot more times before reaching $200

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

But it's starting with 18.5... not 19.5.

4 ≈ One

Turkish said:

After popular demand, I present you my 2015 prediction. My 2014 where I predicted 20M http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=176130 

Sony sold 18.5M LTD by the end of 2014, and they should have at least shipped 20M. Which means it shipped ~15.5M units in 2014 alone. So I'm roughly predicting it will sell-in 17M units this year, and I'm justifying that by a few factors:

-In 2015 PS4 will have better exclusives and real system sellers like Uncharted 4 coming out

-2015 will be a better year overall for more, better and bigger games like MGS5 coming out which will be a system seller on PS4. PS4 is becoming the default console for multiplat games.

-Japanese sales will be better with better support this year but it will not mean much in the grand scheme of things

-PS4(and Vita) are launching in China and likely in more more markets

-PRICECUT TO 299 USD/EUR, the Xbone will also get a price cut to this level, could even be a bit more like 279. But it's PS4 that will benefit the most. Remember the revival of PS3 when it reached 299, it sold 2M more YoY in the holidays, PS4 will propagate that much more.

Q1 ~2.5M (~22 million  by March 31)

Q2 ~2M (~24M by June 30)

Q3 ~4M (~28M by Sept 30)

Q4 ~9M (~37M by Dec 31)

=37,000,000 sold-in.

Feel free to bump from time to time if it's on track or not and if I'm getting it wrong big time.

i agree with pretty much everything but i would like to see Sony go for MS jugular and under cut them on the price and give a free game or something with that.  hell if they did that this year they could have thwarted MS sales in Nov and Dec.  i know quite a few people myself included who picked up a X1 for cheap hell i got mine for 349 with 2 free games and a 50$ gift card(which i spend on my ps4 lol)

At its best PS4 will be restricted by production capacity I wonder when/if that will happen.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network

I agree with your arguements, but 37 million is very hard. I guess 35-36 million.

18,500,000 in 2015? Not gonna happen.

platformmaster918 said:

You really don't think it'll get one?  I could see them doing a $50 one in September.  I don't think they'll do $100 price cuts this gen.  They'll want the big boosts without sacrificing as many future profits.  The more price cuts you can get in the better because they always make for big boosts but if you go in $50 intervals you can do it a lot more times before reaching $200

Why would they cut the price? The Wii U and XBO got price cuts because they just weren't selling. The PS4 won't need a price cut for a long time. Especially with actual compelling software coming out next year. If they can sell more consoles this year than last year without cutting the price, then all cutting the price will do is cut profit. I don't see a price cut coming until like March of 2016. Sony isn't gonna sell themselves short while they're ahead.

35 Million will be my guess!

37 is just too much! i think 35 is the sweet spot, they need to hit 16.5M in a year full of great exclusives, i think this is a solid number for a good Ps4 year.