By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Dilemna Xbox is in

They need to focus on Kinect 2.0 and release amazing games for it. They need to go the casual route.

Around the Network

Ms will reveal a cheaper xb1 revision in 2015,I m almost certain for this...!

What's the dilemma? A temporary $50 price cut hardly seems "massive." Over 10 million sold in the first year? Which I believe is more than the 360 did its first year.

I don't really understand the "doom and gloom" that continues to plague the discussions about the Xbox One. Yes, worldwide the PS4 is kicking a**, but PS4 sales exceeding expectations doesn't make the Xbox One a failure.

Why do people go on about an xbox slim but don't think sony is working on one. The ps4 is probably the better console to become cheaper overtime too

solidpumar said:

They need to focus on Kinect 2.0 and release amazing games for it. They need to go the casual route.

People are over kinect and motion control games. And kinect sports rivals was a huge flop as well. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network
Aura7541 said:
eva01beserk said:

Was the ps3 esentially half the initial price in a year? No you say, then this is worst, dont you think?

Well, the value of the standalone X1 from the AC bundle varied depending on what kind of deal each retailer offered. Let's say the total value of AC: Unity + Black Flag equals $80 (and I'm being generous here). Subtract that from the original $350 pricetag, the value of the standalone console is $270. Remember when Target offered $50 in free game credit on Black Friday? The bundle's price was also cut to $330. Subtracting the $80 from games and $50 for the game credit, the value of the standalone X1 equals $200.

So throughout the holiday season, the value of the X1 varied between $200-$270 depending on what kind of deal you got. Yes, the PS3 also got a significant price cut within its first year. However, the X1's value was nearly half of its initial value during the holidays ($500), sometimes even half of the initial price of the standalone console ($400)!!

When you look at this in perspective, while it gave the X1 spectacular sales in November and December, it also skewed consumer perception of the value of the system when the deals ended. Basically, why get one now when I know that I can definitely get a much, much better deal next holiday season?

I'm pretty sure most people were buying it for the console. Not the games. Most people already played black flag and unity is broken. Not a ton of extra value there. 

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

kinisking said:
Aura7541 said:

Well, the value of the standalone X1 from the AC bundle varied depending on what kind of deal each retailer offered. Let's say the total value of AC: Unity + Black Flag equals $80 (and I'm being generous here). Subtract that from the original $350 pricetag, the value of the standalone console is $270. Remember when Target offered $50 in free game credit on Black Friday? The bundle's price was also cut to $330. Subtracting the $80 from games and $50 for the game credit, the value of the standalone X1 equals $200.

So throughout the holiday season, the value of the X1 varied between $200-$270 depending on what kind of deal you got. Yes, the PS3 also got a significant price cut within its first year. However, the X1's value was nearly half of its initial value during the holidays ($500), sometimes even half of the initial price of the standalone console ($400)!!

When you look at this in perspective, while it gave the X1 spectacular sales in November and December, it also skewed consumer perception of the value of the system when the deals ended. Basically, why get one now when I know that I can definitely get a much, much better deal next holiday season?

I'm pretty sure most people were buying it for the console. Not the games. Most people already played black flag and unity is broken. Not a ton of extra value there. 

Um... most consumers bought the bundle for the value. Whether Black Flag was a year old game and Unity a broken one, they still added a lot of value. Also, "most" is a vast overstatement. "A lot"? Yes, but to imply that there aren't people who hasn't played Black Flag yet is misleading and false. While Unity is broken, it's still a free game and you know how popular the Assassin's Creed franchise is.

I believe that MS knows that it can't win this gen so it's just gonna keep releasing some exclusives and just ride this gen out some discounts once in a while.

I can't imagine repeating their 2014 strategy is a good idea. Ride out the first 10 months of the year then go for a big holiday push with price cuts and promotions. I don't see how that is good business.

MoHasanie said:
They need to lower the price very quickly otherwise sales will plummet. $349 should be the new permanent price.

As for games, the first half of 2015 doesn't have much, but the second half has lots of games. There isn't much they can do about that now.

they, cant, the shareholder would go apeshit over such a cut so early