By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Dilemna Xbox is in

Sorry, but Halo 5 will still be way more massive then Uncharted IV, however good the game might be.

Around the Network
generic-user-1 said:
MoHasanie said:
They need to lower the price very quickly otherwise sales will plummet. $349 should be the new permanent price.

As for games, the first half of 2015 doesn't have much, but the second half has lots of games. There isn't much they can do about that now.

they, cant, the shareholder would go apeshit over such a cut so early

Microsoft shareholders don't care about Xbox. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

MoHasanie said:
generic-user-1 said:
MoHasanie said:
They need to lower the price very quickly otherwise sales will plummet. $349 should be the new permanent price.

As for games, the first half of 2015 doesn't have much, but the second half has lots of games. There isn't much they can do about that now.

they, cant, the shareholder would go apeshit over such a cut so early

Microsoft shareholders don't care about Xbox. 

but they care about burning money...

Intrinsic said:
PS4 standing firm at its launch price sends a message. "if you want one, you might as well just pick it up now. cause its likely not gonna get cheaper down the road. Yea, come Xmas we may give you a $50 discount by bundling a game. but you will still be paying $400". As opposed to the message you are getting with XB1, "why buy now when if you wait till the end of the year we will sell it to you for $330 with two free games and maybe even a $50 gift card. that's like you buying it for $200 flat and getting 2 games and a $50 coupon for $130"

Those holiday only deals will end up doing more harm for them than good. They are basically putting themselves in a position where the only people that buy the XB1 during the first 10 months are people that really really really want one and can't wait. it doesn't help that during those first 10 months they don't have anything to push those people into buying one. like right now, I just know that come the end of this year, I will be able to get an XB1 for at most $350 with halo 5, tomb raider or forza bundled in. so I literally have to be stupid to buy it now. And if ms drops the price to $350 on or before e3, then I will know all of the above will apply but starting at $300. so again, wait.

+10000.

My 8th gen collection

The fire sale was essential to get potential SW buyers. That is where they will get most of their money. And the place where people tend to buy the most games is USA. So the Sales were even better for US.

Around the Network

Microsoft is in trouble. Sony has announced a new standard bundle and PS4 sales always spike when those drop. Yeah Xbox is still neck and neck like SNES and Genesis, but they need to react fast

jlmurph2 said:
eva01beserk said:

Owners may be happy, but whos going to pick an x1 now and say, sure I can wait a year for exclusives while sony has so many coming out and better multyplats to pass the time.

People did it with the PS4. It won't be a year for Xbox One considering we're in 2015. And its not like past  launched games just disappear once you buy a console. Honestly using your logic how did PS4 owners last this long?

PlayStation has had plenty of exclusives, it's just many of them weren't AAA.