By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Dilemna Xbox is in

ZarskiSold said:
jlmurph2 said:

People did it with the PS4. It won't be a year for Xbox One considering we're in 2015. And its not like past  launched games just disappear once you buy a console. Honestly using your logic how did PS4 owners last this long?

More games, more better rated games. Better running 3rd party games.

They got through it with games, something X1 is lacking.  Till 2015 holidays. 

"More better rated games" hmm. You're referring to games that were already rated on PS3 and games that are being rated primarily for PS4. I ask you again. Does that make the games that released in the past 14 months obselete?

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:
ZarskiSold said:
jlmurph2 said:

People did it with the PS4. It won't be a year for Xbox One considering we're in 2015. And its not like past  launched games just disappear once you buy a console. Honestly using your logic how did PS4 owners last this long?

"More better rated games" hmm. You're referring to games that were already rated on PS3 and games that are being rated primarily for PS4. I ask you again. Does that make the games that released in the past 14 months obselete?

You want to whine about games rated on PS3 when the best thing on X1 is a collection of old og Xbox and 360 games, priceless. 

New releases thats what.  As in any market, the hottest product anywhere 6 months ago means little now.  

Mass Effect 4 will release first on Xbox One. Remember what I just said.

ZarskiSold said:
jlmurph2 said:
ZarskiSold said:
jlmurph2 said:

You want to whine about games rated on PS3 when the best thing on X1 is a collection of old og Xbox and 360 games, priceless. 

New releases thats what.  As in any market, the hottest product anywhere 6 months ago means little now.  

Best thing on X1 according to what? The best exclusives on X1 according to meta are Titanfall and Forza Horizon 2. If someone buys an Xbox One today they have plenty of great games to play. Not the "nothing" that you're trying to project. I'll leave it at that.

Xbone has the TV Box market covered. What's to worry about? Cable companies will back this pony, if there are signs of other devices taking away their cable box market.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence
Around the Network
ZarskiSold said:
Their early strategy sunk then for a gen, the hardware cant be changed and they are stuck. Contrary to fanboy opinion, MS will not waste their bank account on buying X1 into a success. Their fire sale was as far as they will go and it was only temporary hopeful showing all they just will not eat loses long term. To do PS4 numbers in 3 or 4 markets they need to be sub 100, if they cut price that much so will sony. They are dammed no matter what, they should openly just accept 2nd and plan for the next gen.

They are already doing that. By buying exclusives, promoting a large ammount of 3rd party games, taking a loss on the console by reducing the price twice and giving free games and money to those who buy the console.

And paying 2.5 billion for Minecraft (not only xbox.)

Don't copy random editorials.

jlmurph2 said:
ZarskiSold said:
jlmurph2 said:
ZarskiSold said:
jlmurph2 said:

Best thing on X1 according to what? The best exclusives on X1 according to meta are Titanfall and Forza Horizon 2. If someone buys an Xbox One today they have plenty of great games to play. Not the "nothing" that you're trying to project. I'll leave it at that.

You're right, Here a list of metacritic scores for PS4 and XB1 exclusives so far (not counting indies cause PS4 has too many to list):

PS4:
TLOUS:R- 95
FFXIV:ARR- 86
Guilty Gear XRD- 84
MLB14- 83
inFAMOUS- 80
Injustice- 80
LBP3- 80
Samurai Warriors 4- 75
DCU Online- 75
Killzone- 73
Driveclub- 71
Knack-54
-
XB1:
Titanfall- 86
FH2-86
Halo: MCC- 85
Sunset Overdrive- 80
FM5-79
DR3-78
Killer Instinct- 73

jlmurph2 said:
ZarskiSold said:
thx1139 said:

New buyers have a great selection of games to choose from and a great selection of new games coming this year and beyond. The exclusive schedule for the next few months is way over exagerrated how it will drive the market. Yes the price should go down to $349/$449 ($50 price reduction since release), but that can happen in February or March once all the AC bundles are gone.

They will have a better choice with the PS4, X1 has nothing for a few months nothing to exagerrate there.  

Except you are exaggerating. Are you saying the games that released in the past 14 months are just obselete? Or are you really saying Xbox owners will have literally nothing to play while just twiddling their thumbs for the next few months. 

Was this not the same bullshit xbox fans where spouting when they got one extra exclusive during the holliday period? Now it dosent matter? And even when that happened the lists put next to each other the ps4 still had more games than the x1 and sales reflected this. Now you will have nothing to cling to.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

All this talk about games is just subjective. both consoles have and will have their games. PS4 just has a better looking first quarter.

What it all boils down to is price.

Two things we know; XB1 cannot compete with the PS4 being more expensive. XB1 cannot compete with the PS4 being at the same price. it doesn't just have to be cheaper, but has to be a lot cheaper.

What we don't know; how will XB1 sales be compared to the PS4 at $350 without a bundled game? how long will it take for ms to make that $50 price drop official? how good of a position is Sony in to drop price by $50/$100 at the end of this year?

For me, its simple for ms if they wanna win north america, they need to be considerably cheaper than PS4, and I mean $50 less with a free game or $100 less than whatever the PS4 costs without a game. This price yoyoing ms is doing though is damaging consumer perception of the XB1. At $400, people are more likely to wait for an expected price drop. its kinda like how most people wait till the end of the year before they but TVs. You just know you will get a better deal.

PS4 standing firm at its launch price sends a message. "if you want one, you might as well just pick it up now. cause its likely not gonna get cheaper down the road. Yea, come Xmas we may give you a $50 discount by bundling a game. but you will still be paying $400". As opposed to the message you are getting with XB1, "why buy now when if you wait till the end of the year we will sell it to you for $330 with two free games and maybe even a $50 gift card. that's like you buying it for $200 flat and getting 2 games and a $50 coupon for $130"

Those holiday only deals will end up doing more harm for them than good. They are basically putting themselves in a position where the only people that buy the XB1 during the first 10 months are people that really really really want one and can't wait. it doesn't help that during those first 10 months they don't have anything to push those people into buying one. like right now, I just know that come the end of this year, I will be able to get an XB1 for at most $350 with halo 5, tomb raider or forza bundled in. so I literally have to be stupid to buy it now. And if ms drops the price to $350 on or before e3, then I will know all of the above will apply but starting at $300. so again, wait.

Ka-pi96 said:
eva01beserk said:
Ka-pi96 said:
I think you are too hung up on consoles winning. Xbox One doesn't need to beat PS4, it can be 2nd and still do very well.

And the fire sale shows you thats exactly want they want, right?

From the OP 'however as it stands if the price remains as it is THIS year I think ps4 can beat '

If all they cared about was winning then they wouldn't have put the price back up. Not only that, if they really wanted to win they would have dropped the price in Europe as well. If all they cared about was winning then they would win, so clearly that isn't all, right?

Because contrary to fan belive, MS is not a charitable organization. They actually dont like bleeding money. Where they not getting creamed 3:1 worldwide they would not have cut 50% of the price in pricecuts, bundles, and kicnect.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.