By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WTF: Gamedaily's 10 greatest systems of all time...

Wat the ****?

Around the Network

That list was f**ked up.

Gamertag: KillswitchTris PSN ID: KsET665 Wii Friend Code: 8415 6393 6330 0940 (PM me if you add me)
Feel Free To Add Me Tag: LISMDK - Extremely bad taste in music

Ok...that's fucked up. The 360 hasn't been around that long. All the rest of those consoles in there had a lot more time to gather large libraries compared to the 360...the Wii and PS3 aren't even listed...who made this list?

PSN: Lone_Canis_Lupus

This is the worst ranking I've ever seen. I think something more realistic would be like this (and I am not going to include current gen systems, I think it is inaccurate to do so since the generation has barely even begun):

1. PS2
2. SNES
3. Nintendo DS
4. PS1
5. NES
6. Game Boy
7. N64
8. Sega Genesis
9. Xbox
10. PSP

Fuck the Dreamcast dude. It may have had some good games, but it does not deserve to be on the top 10.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

I can vouch for each console on this list except the 360. I love mine too but it shouldn't have been considered since it hasn't finished it's lifecycle yet. I've got to give it up for Dreamcast at #2 though. Only a ballsy listmaker puts the DC in the region where it rightfully belongs, near the top.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

What a fucking joke! BTW NES had the highest rating out of all those consoles featured, therefore it should of been number one, 360 had the worst rating, how the hell did Dreamcast and 360 make the list, WTF!?

They never post anything of substance, anyway. They're good for a laugh, that's all.

Damn, I miss their forums--they used to have a damn good forum that just up and disappeared one day.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

XD Hilarious just Hilarious how come the 360 is first O_O I just don't understand the ps3 and the wii where is it? XD

Biggest load of bullshit ever. 360 shouldn't even be on that list. I mean 33% failure rate automatically takes it off. And if ya noticed votes for it are more in favor of that opinion there.

Anyways here's how'd I'd rank the list:

1. Nintendo Entertainment System
2. Gameboy
3. Sony Playstation 2
4. Super Nintendo Entertainment System
5. Sega Genesis
6. Nintendo 64
7. Sega Dreamcast
8. Sony Playstation
9. Nintendo DS
10. Microsoft Xbox

NES was the most revolutionary console created and had the most influx of new and original games. It was a gamer's paradise. Gameboy like the NES did the same thing but for handhelds.

PS2 is 3 for the countless library it had with great features. SNES should be in the top 5 on anyone's list as it easily had one of the greatest libraries of games ever. Genesis was definetly Sega's best console and gave the great SNES a run for its money with good games and quality.

N64 had an awesome library. Can't argue that. Dreamcast was an amazing console it just had a lot of bad luck in timing. PS1 was also a great console as it broke some barriers and exploded gaming in other parts of the world while also having an influx of a lot of fresh new games. But I wouldn't put it above N64.

NDS is in there for the sheer amount of new games it has done and the revolutions its made in gaming. And of course I round up with Xbox for lack of a better answer but it made some ground in the online world.

Worst top ten ever :P

SNES that low ?, 360 first ?, i really like the games on 360 ... but there's no way it's the best console ever

-- Live only for tomorrow, and you will have a lot of empty yesterdays today--

Tavin:  "Old school megaman is THE BEST megaman"      courtesy of fkusumot :)

My mind has changed. My strength has not.    Kamahl, Fist of Krosa