By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WTF: Gamedaily's 10 greatest systems of all time...

it was a ballsy list
only really hardcore gamers would like that one

mine would be
1. dream cast
2. SNES
3. PS 2
4. PS
5. Nintendo DS
6. Genesis
7. Atari 2600
8. Nintendo 64
9. X box 360
10. NES

Around the Network

But anyways I still can’t get over why they say 360 is #1:

Yes, it breaks every five minutes, but there’s no denying the Xbox 360’s dominance in the home. It’s three years old, and we already have Halo 3, Bioshock, Gears of War, Call of Duty 4, Mass Effect, Dead Rising, Project Gotham Racing 3 and 4 and Crackdown. Let’s also not forget the exceptional Xbox Live, and its most addictive component, Arcade. Throw in the best controllers in history, and you have a winning machine that trumps the competition. — Chris Buffa, GameDaily Staff

First line is great haha. One thing I agree with. But dominance at home. Haha yea if it isn’t already broken in that home or have a Wii sitting on top of it. But the4n notice every game they name as to why. Every one of those games EXCEPT PGR3 is a shooter. So yea maybe its a great console for shooter whores but as they say it the rest of us are pretty much left out. Then their final arguements are on what ya can do yet when Wii and PS3 have almost all of those components and arguably much better controllers.

All they’ve told me with this explanation is it’s their favorite 7th gen console that they’ve bought 7 times just to play a shooter they could have played on PC. If that’s what we define as great in the gaming world now, then I’d rather buy a bad console.

I Agree that nothing on the list should be a current system exspecially so early in the race. Here is how I would Rank the Consoles

1) NES
2) Playstation 2
3) Sega Genesi
4) Playstation
5) SNES
6) Atari 2600
7) Nintendo 64
8) Microsoft Xbox
9) Sega Dreamcast
10) TurboGrafx

For the Handhelds once again ignoring current handhelds which include the PSP and the Nintendo DS

1) Gameboy Family
2) Sega Game Gear
3) Neo Geo Pocket Color

Systems I own (Games)

Sega: Dreamcast (40) , Saturn (25), Genesis (50), Masters System (10), Game Gear (20)

Sony: PS1 (8), PS2 (60) , PS3 (5), PSP (12)

Atari: 2600 (18) , 7800 (10), Lynx (10)

For those that seemingly think the N64 should be above the PS1: you baffle me. It was outsold over 3 to 1 by the PS1, a system that launched a new era of dominance over a console that led for a decade before. Not to mention it led the movement to using discs. Come on. I know the N64 had a nice core of fantastic games but it's not as good as the PS1 library.

Oh, nd the 360 being #1 had to be a joke because that was so funny.

Yeah that list is going to be hard to defend from pretty much anyone but the most adamant 360 fan, and even they probably would toss the original nintendo up there as being more influential

Around the Network
terran77 said:
Yeah that list is going to be hard to defend from pretty much anyone but the most adamant 360 fan, and even they probably would toss the original nintendo up there as being more influential

Hmm most adamant 360 fan... *waits for erikers*

Could get downright hilarious soon haha. 

finalsquall said:
I think the title is wrong... should be Top 10 worst consoles in history! the 360 can just die already!!! the piece of shit!
Are you an idiot? If these are the top 10 worst consoles in history then what do you consider the top 10 best? 3DO? NeoGeo? Sega CD? Virtual Boy? Sega 32X? I don't agree with the list in full, but I think everyone can agree that at least 7 of their choices would be on our top 10s also.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

lol. Game Daily am fail.
Epic fail.

Top 5 Should've been:

1. PS2 - Best Selling, Best Games

2. NES - Sorta got Nintendo going

3. PSone - Got Sony Going, 100m + sold

4. PS3 - Blu Ray, Best Technology for a system, Price and slow sales drop it to 4th

5. Turbografx 16...I joke, I joke

Real 5. 360 - Great Games, Great Technology, RRoD lowers its rank.

coolestguyever said:
Top 5 Should've been:

1. PS2 - Best Selling, Best Games

2. NES - Sorta got Nintendo going

3. PSone - Got Sony Going, 100m + sold

4. PS3 - Blu Ray, Best Technology for a system, Price and slow sales drop it to 4th

5. Turbografx 16...I joke, I joke

Real 5. 360 - Great Games, Great Technology, RRoD lowers its rank.

They are ranking game consoles, but thats the only console on your list that doesn't even hint at games as a strength?  Powerful media center perhaps, but in the top five GAME consoles?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS