By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WTF: Gamedaily's 10 greatest systems of all time...

ughhhh......
Current generation systems should not be on any top 10 lists. The future of the 360, Wii, DS, PSP, and PS3 are all yet to be written and anything could happen. My list would go something like this.

1. SNES
2. PSone
3. PS2
4. NES
5. N64
6. Dreamcast
7. Gameboy
8. Atari 2600
9. Genesis
10. Xbox

EMULATION is the past.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Around the Network
darklich13 said:
ughhhh......
Current generation systems should not be on any top 10 lists. The future of the 360, Wii, DS, PSP, and PS3 are all yet to be written and anything could happen. My list would go something like this.

1. SNES
2. PSone
3. PS2
4. NES
5. N64
6. Dreamcast
7. Gameboy
8. Atari 2600
9. Genesis
10. Xbox

Exactly what I was thinking.

mariozeldametroid said:

The best consoles ever? Objectively speaking, only looking at games:

1. N64 - In like 2 years time it had some of the best games ever made launched on it;

2. PS2 - It's library is just endless, and it happens to have some classics, as opposed by it's predecessor;

3. SNES - During it's lifetime, 2D games florished, as it had some of the greatest platformers and JRPGs ever;

4. DS - Creativity like on this platform isn't seen very much, resulting in many, ambitious games. And it isn't quite done yet;

5. NES - Pioneer of modern video games, need I say more;

6. Gameboy - Pioneer of handheld videogame, and Gunpey Yokoi's crown jewel. Need I say more?

7. Wii - already has some of the best games ever, and makes games feel fresh again;

8. Xbox 360 - Has some very good games, and a couple of classics, but practically everything on it is a shooter;

9. GameCube - Suffered from a too small installed base, but had some magical classics;

10. PS1 - For Sony's debut, not bad. It revolved around JRPGs and fighting games, but almost nothing is remembered of it's library now;
Wow! Here I was thinking the original article was biased but this is ridiculous. Your list contains seven consoles/handhelds made by Nintendo and four of them make up the top five. There isn't a single SEGA console on that list, which is absolute blasphemy. I guess coming from a user named mariozeldametroid it's not too much of a stretch to expect bias like this. Why not include the Gameboy Advance, Virtual Boy and Gameboy Color to knock all other competitors off?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

I read that list in the OP and was like "OMG R U SERIOUS!?" Then I Lol'd.

I don't know my top 10 consoles but they would include all Nintendo consoles(including handhelds) and the Genesis for sure. I don't know where everything would fall though.

I can't see how anyone can pick anything other than the PS2 or the SNES for best system ever. #1 is debatable, but there cannot be any other possibility aside from those two. Come on, be serious. A piece of harware with such a horrendous failure rate cannot be on this list, sorry. The Wii and PS3, too early too tell. PS3 may continue to disappoint people in the software department (not me), and the shovelware parade may never cease on the Wii. No current gen system can be in, I don't care how beautiful the graphics or how innovative it is. Genesis must be on any top 10 list and Dreamcast is debatable to be on the list but possible to be sure. I personally would have both on the list. Game Boy (original) must be on the list. I think that's about everything.

Around the Network
starcraft said:
kenzomatic said:

OK how the hell did 360 get number one?

PS3 and Wii aren't even listed.

They are listing their consoles based on games alone. OF course Xbox 360 has it's faults (Rrod, microsoft), but taken on games alone there is a very strong argument that the 360 is one of, if not the best (I'd put it at #2 behind N64) console ever.

wow,,are you serious?360 you think is the best console ever??you my friend are delusional.You can not call a system that's two years in its life cycle the best console ever.

SpartanFX said:
starcraft said:
kenzomatic said:

They are listing their consoles based on games alone. OF course Xbox 360 has it's faults (Rrod, microsoft), but taken on games alone there is a very strong argument that the 360 is one of, if not the best (I'd put it at #2 behind N64) console ever.

wow,,are you serious?360 you think is the best console ever??you my friend are delusional.You can not call a system that's two years in its life cycle the best console ever.

It should never belong on a list of best anything.  Maybe the worst console list it will be there behind wonderswan and XB.

JAJA what a joke Xbox 360 numer one

-Universe aeons ago.

SpartanFX said:
starcraft said:
kenzomatic said:

But if it's entirely based on games than how could you possible argue that any game that is only 2-3 years into it's life cycle is better than one that ran the full life cycle.  You can't possibly tell me that you think the current 360 library is better than the PS2 library near the end of last gen, it just doesn't make sense on games alone.  I have to agree that no current gen console should be put on the list, and definitely not in the top 5.