By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WTF: Gamedaily's 10 greatest systems of all time...

My favorite are PS, SNES, NES.
I currently play the DS and Wii the most, though.

@ akuma587, yes, DS is a current generation system along with the Xbox 360, Wii, PSP, and PS3.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Around the Network

i agree with DC being No2 but what in the unholy F*** is 360 even doing on the list!!!!!

This is insane. I mean, the entire site is insane. Just look at the 'creepy stuff from games' top 10 that has been posted earlier in this thread. It's downright offending for some people. I mean, they only mention Nintendo fanboys, yet I have seen very troublesome things from Sony fanboys and Xbots as well, not to speak of Apple Evangalists, who are even worse but, thank god, are not in this industry.
The other things on the list are very offending for many, many online videogame-maniacs, which happen to collect themselves on sites related to games. If it was a article in the 'bully football player weekly'(let's make this hollywood-ish :P) and was called: 'things we hate about geeks', it was probably more fitting.

And the top 10 best consoles list is clearly made by a graphic whore bald space guy lover, who just wants to play CoD on his Xbox all day. In other words: the current-day videogame reviewer. It's just embarrassing to see our 'game experts' not being able to have a broader view.
I mean, I love shooters, but they most certainly are NOT the only genre I love.
The best consoles ever? Objectively speaking, only looking at games:

1. N64 - In like 2 years time it had some of the best games ever made launched on it;

2. PS2 - It's library is just endless, and it happens to have some classics, as opposed by it's predecessor;

3. SNES - During it's lifetime, 2D games florished, as it had some of the greatest platformers and JRPGs ever;

4. DS - Creativity like on this platform isn't seen very much, resulting in many, ambitious games. And it isn't quite done yet;

5. NES - Pioneer of modern video games, need I say more;

6. Gameboy - Pioneer of handheld videogame, and Gunpey Yokoi's crown jewel. Need I say more?

7. Wii - already has some of the best games ever, and makes games feel fresh again;

8. Xbox 360 - Has some very good games, and a couple of classics, but practically everything on it is a shooter;

9. GameCube - Suffered from a too small installed base, but had some magical classics;

10. PS1 - For Sony's debut, not bad. It revolved around JRPGs and fighting games, but almost nothing is remembered of it's library now;

But who takes a guy named 'Chris Buffa' serious anyway? He sounds like a pizza-consuming fatass who only loves playing shooters and who says he's cool too much. Could be just my imagination though ;) :P

haha, go dreamcast! almost there!

if i had to make a real list:
1. ps2
2. snes
3. dreamcast
4. nes
5. ps1

Why are people making it so big deal if 360 is first..? Yeah, it doesn't deserve it, but still way more than Wii or PS3. But after all, what are the consoles for...GAMING! And when you compare the games of 360 to PS3 or Wii games, X360 wins hands down.

SNES should have been number 1. 

I don't bother listing my last-gen games (PS2, Xbox, GC) to my collection cause there's too many of them. ;)

Around the Network

edit: why is 360 number one on the list? thats fucked up. no current ge nsystem (360, ps3, wii psp, ds) shopuld be on that list as the gen has barley started. what is dreamcast doing at number 2? it lasted 2 years like come on. not evben half a gen. gamcube shouldnt have been on there. that was probably nintendos worst system. 

shouldve gone liek this (top5)

1-ps2 endless library of games. 120 million consoels sold and over 30 million sellers.

2-snes- was for me the first "great" system. good upgrade from nes.

3-ps1- 100 million consoles sold, great games and a good overall system for a console on its debut.

4-n64- a dream for nintendo boys. mario64 says it all

5- genesis- best sega console of all time. the sonic series was incredible.

Saddler said:

Why are people making it so big deal if 360 is first..? Yeah, it doesn't deserve it, but still way more than Wii or PS3. But after all, what are the consoles for...GAMING! And when you compare the games of 360 to PS3 or Wii games, X360 wins hands down.

SNES should have been number 1. 

wtf? the PS3 and the wii dint even make it on the count down.... and ure telling me that the 360 is no 1 of all time?... im not a wii fan boy but i think it deffinantly should be on there.... the 360 is the best system for 11 year old micro fanboys now who never played the original systems in there respective times.... the SNES blows all current systems out of the water for its time.

Mine is PS2. Da best :P

PSN ID: clemens-nl                                                                                                                

Total crap. This shows the blatent bias of the editors. "Best controllers ever", "no denying the Xbox 360's dominance in the home", "the exceptional Xbox Live", "a winning machine that trumps the competition" ??????

I'm not saying the 360 sucks, but does this guy have any concept of sales numbers or gaming history? Why not pick a #1 from an earlier generation that actually revolutionized gaming?? Original Nintendo, N64, or PS1?? And why is the #1 selling console of this gen not even listed anywhere???? The gamecube makes the list, but Wii does not? WTF!?

What a hack.

I'm not going to say the system is crap, but I'm going to say the list is crap.

What'd you think of this console?

46% - Loved it - I still have one
54% - It sucked. Why is it on the list?

The RRoD automatically disqualifies it.