By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - WTF: Gamedaily's 10 greatest systems of all time...

Holy crap, that was the worst top ten I have ever seen.

Around the Network

I love their list of games to explain why they chose it:

Halo 3, Bioshock, Gears of War, Call of Duty 4, Mass Effect, Dead Rising, Project Gotham Racing 3 and 4 and Crackdown.

Let me just point this out: every one of those games is a shooter, save PGR 3/4, which are racing games, and Dead Rising, where you use boards and stuff to kill, instead of plasma rifles. If you like guns and cars, this system is for you! Doesn't go a long way to dispel the notion that the 360 is a "shooter console."

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

the only thing i agree with is about the 360, "it breaks every five minutes"

why the hell is the sega whatever it was #2? and the Cube shouldn't have made the list. Where was the PS3?

11ht11 said:
the only thing i agree with is about the 360, "it breaks every five minutes"
QFT haha

Around the Network

My list would probably be something like this:

1. PS2
2. N64
3. NES
4. GC
5. PS1
6. DC

And that's about it. I won't include the 7th gen consoles until this gen is over, and I haven't had enough experience with Sega consoles and the SNES to include them in the list.

horrible list

nothing current should be on the list cause they are not finished yet 

Worst top ten EVER.

For me:

1) Nintendo DS
2) Playstation 2
3) Super Nintendo
4) Nintendo Gamecube
5) Nintendo 64
6) Playstation
7) Nintendo Entertainment System
8) Sega Genesis
9) Game Boy
10) Dreamcast

Wii, PS3, and Xbox 360 have not been out enough nor do they have enough good games to warrant any spots on this list yet.

Heres what a good list looks like
1. Nes
2. Snes
3. PSX
4. N64
5. PS2
6. GBA
7. Gen
8. DC
9. Atari 2600
10. GB

kenzomatic said:

OK how the hell did 360 get number one?

PS3 and Wii aren't even listed.

They are listing their consoles based on games alone.  OF course Xbox 360 has it's faults (Rrod, microsoft), but taken on games alone there is a very strong argument that the 360 is one of, if not the best (I'd put it at #2 behind N64) console ever.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS