By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 hits 1m units sold in Japan in its first year

Massive congrats

Around the Network
Aerys said:

PS4 selling as much as PS3 without as big systèm seller ? But people told me it would never reach PS3 sales

Well, it remains to be seen if the PS4 has PS3's longevity or not. Regardless, I think the PS4 will do better than its predecessor early-mid gen as long as it constantly gets games that Japanese gamers prefer.

OT: Also, just realized that Japan has become the PS4's 3rd non-US/UK country that joined the 1 million club (the others being Germany and France).

Aura7541 said:
Aerys said:

PS4 selling as much as PS3 without as big systèm seller ? But people told me it would never reach PS3 sales

Well, it remains to be seen if the PS4 has PS3's longevity or not. [...]

It will have ... 3rd Parties will take care of it.

This is actually pretty dire. The PS3 was a disappointment in Japan and it was more expensive and had a worse launch lineup than the PS4.

This also tracks several months behind both the Sega Saturn and the Dreamcast in Japan.

Nicely done! Next year will be at 2,5 million i expect.

Around the Network

What about digital PS4 sales?

Great. I think PS4 can pass PS3 sales (hopefully) this year with all the big games coming.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Mystro-Sama said:
What about digital PS4 sales?

I doubt their are many PS4 sold digitally, the 3D printers can hardly take it and some just turn in it a PS4 cake :(

justagamer25 said:
It's crazy how well the ps4 is doing globally and average it is in its home country. Maybe its late adoption but if the ps4 can't attract the Japanese market, console gaming has to be considered dead there.

Why are you saying that after reading that they just hit 1 million in its first year lol

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

With not that much japanese software, it's pretty good.
In 2015 hopefully more Jap software.