By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Why are there tons of movies about crappy superheros coming out?

NintendoPie said:
KhinRunite said:

So let me get this straight...you people aren't happy at all that these niche superheroes that we used to see only on printed paper are now dazzling everyone in the big screen?

Kids used to be labeled dorks/geek/nerd for knowing these superheroes. Not anymore.

Yeah, now these superhero movies pander to the same crowd that went to see the fourth Transformers. That's awesome.

I actually liked the fourth Transformers.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network

You probably shouldn't be talking about things you clearly have no idea about. These are some of the more popular heroes (IMO), there is a shit ton of heroes from both DC and marvel. This is the tip of the ice berg.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

NintendoPie said:
KhinRunite said:

So let me get this straight...you people aren't happy at all that these niche superheroes that we used to see only on printed paper are now dazzling everyone in the big screen?

Kids used to be labeled dorks/geek/nerd for knowing these superheroes. Not anymore.

Yeah, now these superhero movies pander to the same crowd that went to see the fourth Transformers. That's awesome.

What are you basing that on? Not all them superhero movies were great, but so far Marvel movies are on a roll. Same goes with Dark Knight and Man of Steel. The bad superhero movies are flops anyway, and they were in the past. X-men First class and the sequel? Great films.

I've never heard of the Guardians of the Galaxy until the movie, and as it turned out the movie was spectacular. Great characters and development, although the guy playing Drax needs a lot of improvement. If they can keep the tempo then by all means I'd love to see all the other no-names in the big screen.

the_dengle said:
BraveNewWorld said:

Doctor Strange (Who?)

This.

Also they make them because they bring in big money. That's basically it. If the first iron man bombed would we have seen an avengers movie? I don't think so.

Mr Khan said:
Sigh...

All of those heroes have potential to be very awesome.

If this site still allowed friggin' video embedding. Ugh, here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53OyPYa7SEI

That's cool, but do we really need a live action movie when we can get animated films which will always have better fight scenes?

------

That made me laugh, the_dengle, but I've honestly never heard of Doctor Strange. I had to google him.

"On my business card I am a corporate president. In my mind I am a game developer. But in my heart I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata

Around the Network

So which super hero do you want to see have a movie then?

alternine said:
NintendoPie said:
KhinRunite said:

I actually liked the fourth Transformers.

Oh boy I hated it. I almost fell asleep, even the action was terrible. 

BraveNewWorld said:
Mr Khan said:
Sigh...

All of those heroes have potential to be very awesome.

If this site still allowed friggin' video embedding. Ugh, here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53OyPYa7SEI

That's cool, but do we really need a live action movie when we can get animated films which will always have better fight scenes?

------

That made me laugh, the_dengle, but I've honestly never heard of Doctor Strange. I had to google him.

That's a shame. Dr. Strange is awesome. And I think it's great that Marvel is willing to give all these lesser-known characters a chance at the spotlight. Rather than, y'know, Superman movie #8, Batman movie #9, Spider-Man movie #6... X-Men again... etc.

Well at the moment they seem invincible and can release anything and succeed, but even though your comic book characters knowledge is super lacking cause many you listed are well known, there are a few you listed that are super niche. But with Marvel's track record and the money comic book movies are racking in, they can do a little fishing without worry.

Why not have a movie about every freaking character known and unknown to man. See what sticks and what doesn't. Hell Hulk is super well known and was a huge hit in Avengers, but his solo movies seem to leave something to be desired and thus they have been ignoring him in that regard. Maybe some of these movies will be hits like Guardians or they will become one and done like Hulk and just show up as Cameo's in other movies. You won't know until you try. And seeing how much omney they have been making on these types of movies, its worth fishign for another potential blockbuster.

Ok Then let me explain.

The Flash, Aquaman, Green Lantern and Cyborg are all Movies that will eventually Lead up the justice League movies, better to make an individual Movie then for them to make Justice League and not know who the fuck Cyborg or Shazam is.(sorry for cursing, it's just normal for me)

Captain Marvel, Ant-Man and Doctor Strange (How dare you say who lol) Are all lead ups to the next Avenger movies and The Infinity Wars (Thanos Hype!)

Sinister Six is just Sony milking the Spider man Franchise (just like the aunt may movie they're making) which actually will be interesting too see what they're going to with these villains.

Alot of people think that it's all just to make money,but it's like phases or so how Marvel calls it, to introduce new Heroes and villains.

Also Fox is going to Make a Deadpool, Age of Apocalypse and Gambit movie so there's a X-Men Orgasm right there.