By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - "2015 is a HUGE year for Rare", says Robin Beanland

Nothing brings in the trolls like Rare news.

Sony fans are hating on it, because they will never get it and Nintendo fans hating on it, because they used to have it, but won't get it again.

I enjoyed Kameo and Kinect Sports last gen. Very decent games for what they are. Check them out and stop hating.
A new Banjo would be cool, Kameo 2 or Perfect Dark 2 as well.

User warned for this post -RavenXtra

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network
DirtyP2002 said:

Sony fans are hating on it, because they will never get it and Nintendo fans hating on it, because they used to have it, but won't get it again.

Except I have a 360, so I can play Rare games any time I want. I tried Kameo, Nuts n Bolts, Perfect Dark Zero, and Viva Pinata, and found them all lacking.

And Rare lost their spark before they left Nintendo; Starfox Adventures on Gamecube sucked too.

jetforcejiminy said:
if there's a decent xbone redesign so that it doesn't look like a colossal glossy brick and rare makes something worthwhile (viva piñata, ok?) i may end up getting one. i usually need three exclusives before i'll get a console. so far: (1) killer instinct, (2) sunset overdrive, (3) ...???

Depends on what you're into. Rise of the Tomb Raider (first to the 360 and Xbox One), Quantum Break, Halo 5, Scalebound, Ori and the Blind Forest and other unannounced titles are coming. Also, Titanfall, Dead Rising 3, Halo: Masterchief collection, Forza 5 and other games are already out as well.  If you like sunset overdrive you'll most likely be into Dead Risng 3.

Playstation will have more fighters, but they still have to wait until Street Fighter 5 comes out in 2016.  Personally, I am waiting for Tekken 7 regardless of everything else.

Puppyroach said:
I would love a Kameo 2 reveal, with the first game included so that all the new fans can experience this amazing game :).

I agree.. Kameo was quite the 360 gem! It's a shame it didn't sell very well!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Burek said:
It is almost certain it is a new Banjo game. But it will probably be just a $20 downloadable game. If it were to sell at retail price, it would probably bomb harder than Sunset Overdrive, there is just no more audience for that sort of game on XBox.
It doesn't help that Rare is now just a name, filled by random staffers goingvthrough motions to collect a paycheck.

Probably true :(

But there are some diehard Banjo fans out there, myself included. If Microsoft announced Banjo-Threeie, I'd be online within minutes looking for Xbox One deals. 

Around the Network

I wouldn't mind a new Kameo, though I don't know how much faith I have in Rare as a developer. They're going to have to prove themselves as a competent developer first.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Banjo, Battletoads, or new IP

Banjo is suppose to be at E3 from what Kamp said

Battletoads was just trademarked

And works on a lot of new ip

We will most likely be hearing about two Rare games soon considering they have two teams. Possibly more because i could see other studios working on Rare ip like Team Dakota which is also working on something now.  Maybe even Press Play or a third party partnership similar to what they did with Killer Instinct.

JayWood2010 said:

Banjo, Battletoads, or new IP

Banjo is suppose to be at E3 from what Kamp said

Battletoads was just trademarked

And works on a lot of new ip

We will most likely be hearing about two Rare games soon considering they have two teams. Possibly more because i could see other studios working on Rare ip like Team Dakota which is also working on something now.  Maybe even Press Play or a third party partnership similar to what they did with Killer Instinct.

I wonder if Banjo 3 will be a digital title like Killer Instinct. Outside of Nintendo colorful platformers don't usually sell that well and making the game digital only with a smaller budget would be less riskier than a big budget retail game. It would probably satisfy hardcore fans. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

DirtyP2002 said:

I enjoyed Kameo and Kinect Sports last gen. Very decent games for what they are. Check them out and stop hating.
A new Banjo would be cool, Kameo 2 or Perfect Dark 2 as well.

The only problem is 'it' has not been good for about 15 years now. Basically since the end of the Nintendo 64 era, Rare have not output anything close to the caliber they were known for. This was the studio that built Donkey Kong Country, Goldeneye, Banjo Kazooie, Diddy Kong Racing, Killer Instinct, Conker's Bad Fur Day,  Perfect dark etc. What have they put out since 2001 that has even come close to those games? Even the new Killer Instinct was not made by Rare. To act like the Rare of today is the same as the Rare of 1999 is laughable at best. Every key member left a very long time ago. The owners sold up and vanished. It is basically a studio that just happens to be named Rare now and that saddens me because they really made the best games.

Guitarguy said:
DirtyP2002 said:

Not sure what your point is.  Viva Pinatas and Kameo were both fantastic games and id consider it some of their best work actually.

Also Killer Instinct was worked on by Rare + Double Helix + Iron Galaxy.  its a relatively small team but still Rare none the less