By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GTA V is the best selling Retail game of all time!

veritaz said:
FarleyMcFirefly said:
I find it funny how people discredit Wii sports (Wii sales in general) just because it does not meet their subjective criteria

I find it funny when people try to count a tech demo that came with every single system for years as the best selling game ever. 

kudos to Nintendo to made a tech demo being the best seeling game retail ever

Click HERE and be happy 

Around the Network

Wii Sport was a bundle game in two territories. Can't call that retail sale.

mochachino said:
Wii Sport was a bundle game in two territories. Can't call that retail sale.

why not? If you buy a Wii, you pay for Wii Sports too. So is a sale. No matter what people say. Is a sale. Period

Click HERE and be happy 

Wii sports shouldn't count because it was bundled.....

aikohualda said:

Yeah this has been done before plenty of times and an optional bundle that sold no where near as many copies as years of only buying Wiis with Wii sports. it's not even comparable. That bundle at best was 100k but probably under and that doesn't compare to majority of sales being bundled.

Around the Network

Actually Tetris is the best selling of all-time and Minecraft has passed GTA V as well.

aikohualda said:

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

It's still Wii Sports. Either way, you're paying money for the game. The Wii could have cost like $199 or even $150 but it wouldn't have made that much profit. That being said, Wii Sports would be that $50 leverage that is incorporated into the $250 price tag. I still don't get it though, Sonic the hedgehog was a pack in game but I don't see that 10s of millions of sales that it supposedly had in the charts. The game sales are insane though. I mean, Rockstar is probably drowning in cash.

Edit: Nope, it's tetris...don't even try GTAV. You'll need another good 60 Million more.

You know, with these sales, one needs to wonder if it's possible for any company to collaborate with Rockstar/Take-Two and NOT go bankrupt in the process, their assistance would be more expensive than the studio itself.

I'm now filled with determination.

EricFabian said:

Wii Sports > GTA V. 

And not just in sales either. ;)