By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - GTA V is the best selling Retail game of all time!

Well deserved. Great game

Around the Network

You guys also understand you can purchase digital download game cards at retail right?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

BraLoD said:
Euphoria14 said:

Then why would OP even bother mentioning GTA PC sales? Just sounds like a thread to say "so and so is top of you exclude this, this, that and these."

I guess this is the usual "PC doesn't count" threads.

No biggie.

Maybe he think it'll sell something at retail form? Dunno.

But seems like slarvax pointed it still didn't surpassed SMB. Still have to check it though.

Rockstar announced 45M GTA sales. Those include digital.

I am sure OP's numbers factor them in as well, since in February they announced 45M and in January this thread showed 43m+. So he wants to exclude digital then he needs to be consistent.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

BraLoD said:
Euphoria14 said:

Then why would OP even bother mentioning GTA PC sales? Just sounds like a thread to say "so and so is top of you exclude this, this, that and these."

I guess this is the usual "PC doesn't count" threads.

No biggie.

Maybe he think it'll sell something at retail form? Dunno.

But seems like slarvax pointed it still didn't surpassed SMB. Still have to check it though.

Well, I could be still on the low side. I didn't include the collections (Super Mario All Stars SNES and Wii) cause those were diferent games, and I'm not sure if the GB one I got was SMB Deluxe or not. 

But if the numbers I got are right, then it has more than likely surpassed SMB.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Dr.Vita said:
Skullwaker said:

You really don't think it sold over 43m physical copies? It sold 30m on the GB alone. The game has been rereleased a million times.

No I don't think so! The original Tetris only released as a Retail on NES and GB.

If you're counting GTAV for PS4 and XBO, then why wouldn't remakes/upgrades of Tetris count?

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network
Skullwaker said:
Dr.Vita said:

No I don't think so! The original Tetris only released as a Retail on NES and GB.

If you're counting GTAV for PS4 and XBO, then why wouldn't remakes/upgrades of Tetris count?

According to OP rules a, b, c and d which benefit GTA, it is the best selling ever.

Thats usually what these threads are. Not sure why I joined in.

Currently playing:

Skullwaker said:
Dr.Vita said:

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Wright said:

Tetris is still the best selling game of all time, I'm afraid!

this

Euphoria14 said:
According to OP rules a, b, c and d which benefit GTA, it is the best selling ever.

Thats usually what these threads are. Not sure why I joined in.

We have something in common, then.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

BraLoD said:
Euphoria14 said:

http://www.inquisitr.com/1319680/minecraft-ps3-and-xbox-360-edition-sales-pass-the-pc-54-million-total-copies-sold/

54m for Minecraft as of June 2014.

Its easily well over 60m now.

That's considering digital, GTA 45M is Retail only, we dunno the total numbers, and the thread has Retail in its title.

and still wrong, because Wii Sports > GTA V. And... end

Click HERE and be happy