By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Smash Bros Wii U online really isn't that fantastic!

Do you face lag issues in Smash?

Yes! a ton of lag! 26 17.69%

Yes,Every 4th or 5th match is terribly laggy 33 22.45%

None, it's great! 56 38.10%

see results 32 21.77%

Total:147

I get huge lag only sometimes but most of the time, my matches go pretty perfectly. But of course, since it is peer to peer, your mileage may vary since it depends on both ur connection and the connection of the other person as well as the distance! And with fighting games, its hard to adjust for lag vs a game like MK8, its easier cause a fighting game requires soo much more precision compared to a racing game so they have to make everyone slow down to the lowest connection speed in the lobby in order to make sure a player doesn't get an advantage over another

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

Yeah. I've had a lot of issues with lag, so much so that I thought about doing a thread about it myself.

Dont forget, it could be someone else's internet. I actually used online with a 3DS and had a fine couple of matches in one spot then had a terrible time when in another room at school.

A lot of people expect to have a great match with half a bar of internet.

I could say the same thing about battlefield and advanced warfare on the xbone. Welcome to online gaming.

Mine every now and then sucks but it is due to someone else's connection. Not the actual online itself.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network

It works fine for me almost everytime, and is VERY funny.

My matches play smoothly.

Agreed. Even with the ether net adaptor it is barely playable and I've lost matches due to the lag. It is why Mario Kart 8 slightly edged out as my personal 2014 goty

bigtakilla said:
I could say the same thing about battlefield and advanced warfare on the xbone. Welcome to online gaming.

Do you have an Xbone?

Have yet to try it online, but infact this is the first thing that I've heard of with regards to the online.

Mostly, it's all be positive which is a good sign.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.