By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - vgchartz on mobile devices is Pretty much unusable

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Yea, you need quite a decent phone to make vgc work. And yea, nsfw ads are pretty annoying on mobile since its all real chicks in slutty customs

Yeah, as you guys prefer anime chicks in slutty costumes (or customs if the above wasn't a typo).

I've been using Opera that compresses the data on Opera's server, so that the site being heavy isn't an issue, but the problem is that posting doesn't work on any Opera at all (sans the new desktop-Opera that's using the same engine as Chrome).

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network
bdbdbd said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Yea, you need quite a decent phone to make vgc work. And yea, nsfw ads are pretty annoying on mobile since its all real chicks in slutty customs

Yeah, as you guys prefer anime chicks in slutty costumes (or customs if the above wasn't a typo).

I've been using Opera that compresses the data on Opera's server, so that the site being heavy isn't an issue, but the problem is that posting doesn't work on any Opera at all (sans the new desktop-Opera that's using the same engine as Chrome).

Anime chicks are at least bearable and are far less "in your face" than those nsfw ads which are hugee and very noticable. And, not to mention, those are in the front page

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

the site doesn't load correctly on a desktop so i am not surprised its not great on mobile

PSN & XBOX GT : cutzman25

On iphone I am CONSTANTLY getting ads that boot me from the site and open up the App Store

So damn annoying. They are worse than pop up ads on desktpp

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

JOKA_ said:
On iphone I am CONSTANTLY getting ads that boot me from the site and open up the App Store

So damn annoying. They are worse than pop up ads on desktpp

Yeah, viewing this site on an iphone is annoying cause there's loads of annoying ads. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Around the Network

I have a Note 4, browsing mobile it ok I guess. I use the Dolphin browser, maybe I should try another one.

I am never going to bother cutting quote trees on mobile. Is that ever going to be fixed?

If you are using chrome as your mobile browser then simply go the top right corner and hit the 3 vertical dots and select request desktop site. It will rid you of the horrible huge screen ads as well as the mobile banners ads that make scrolling practically impossible because it constantly resizes the screen.

Not a perfect solution as you'll have to zoom in to hit buttons to change pages and hitting the last page to enter a thread is obviously more cumbersome but it's better than huge NSFW ads though.

I'd totally pay for a VGChartz app. Free to download, and then paying a certain amount to get rid of the ads.

For whatever reason, VGC works fine on mobile on my end :P

Yup mobile VGC is really awful.