By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - gamrConnect Presents: The 500 Greatest Games

And Ocarina of Time is #1 AGAIN ._.
Sigh, that's so boring. Hasn't Chrono Trigger, FFVI and VII cracked the top 10 in past years? Why does every single game seem to change their position each year, but OoT and Mario 64 remain at the top 2?

Around the Network
artur-fernand said:
Sigh, that's so boring. Hasn't Chrono Trigger, FFVI and VII cracked the top 10 in past years? Why does every single game seem to change their position each year, but OoT and Mario 64 remain at the top 2?

The more people take part in this, the more games come and go between position. Most people, though, hold OoT and Mario 64 at the 1st and 2nd respectively, so that's the reason they don't change at all despite the others being all over the place.

Wright said:
artur-fernand said:

The more people take part in this, the more games come and go between position. Most people, though, hold OoT and Mario 64 at the 1st and 2nd respectively, so that's the reason they don't change at all despite the others being all over the place.

I can't believe that out of aaaaall the games, MOST people hold these specific two in the top 2 spots (which never changes, no matter how many people take part in this). This has to change some year. It just HAS TO.

artur-fernand said:

I can't believe that out of aaaaall the games, MOST people hold these specific two in the top 2 spots (which never changes, no matter how many people take part in this). This has to change some year. It just HAS TO.

Check people's lists, but I'm afraid the majority do have these two in those fixed places.

Wright said:
artur-fernand said:

Some people want to show they're old school by voting for those games I guess.

N64  games have not aged well. It's an insult to the entire game industry to put these games on number one. It's like saying the very first cars were also the best ones...

If SMG released alongside Mario 64 almost no one would think Mario 64 is better, I'm sure of that.

15% of Mario 64 is collecting 100 coins in vast levels, that's obnoxious. And soooooo many problems with the camera.

Around the Network

While Ocarina of Time entrenched itself into the number 1 position, Galaxy gave 64 a run for its money (I know, I know, it's another Mario game, but it's something). One more vote and Galaxy could have taken the #2 spot.

Samus Aran said:

Considering my tastes, I'm in no position to critisize other people's choices or their motives for doing so. After all, I strongly think that Resident Evil 5 is much, much better than 4.

Wow this must have taken a lot of your time. Respect,!

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Is that the vote where people could vote multiple times?

Samus Aran said:
Wright said:
artur-fernand said:

N64  games have not aged well. It's an insult to the entire game industry to put these games on number one. It's like saying the very first cars were also the best ones...

If SMG released alongside Mario 64 almost no one would think Mario 64 is better, I'm sure of that.

15% of Mario 64 is collecting 100 coins in vast levels, that's obnoxious. And soooooo many problems with the camera.

The camera does suck, but I'm pretty sure that are enough stars to skip the "100 coins" ones.