By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Which Nintendo system has had the worst quality control?

I'd say it's between NES, Wii and DS. NES was basically the foundation of gaming and not many developers knew how to make quality games so they just made them hard and awkward to artificially lengthen them. The Wii and DS sold like hotcakes so they got a ton of shovelware.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network

Wii's shovelware, because that actually took up physical space and used materials that could have been put to better use

Wii, certainly the wii when it comes to third party quality control

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

The Wii U isn't that bad when compared to the Wii!

Skullwaker said:
I'd say it's between NES, Wii and DS. NES was basically the foundation of gaming and not many developers knew how to make quality games so they just made them hard and awkward to artificially lengthen them. The Wii and DS sold like hotcakes so they got a ton of shovelware.

Nintendo had pretty strict rules about games on the NES. Publishers were only allowed to release 5 games a year on it.

I would say the Wii. So many horrible cash-ins...

Around the Network

I'd say the NES.. Awful NES games is pretty much the reason why AVGN and his 1000 rip-offs even exist!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

KLXVER said:
Skullwaker said:

Nintendo had pretty strict rules about games on the NES. Publishers were only allowed to release 5 games a year on it.

Wow, really? They've come a long way from that, though they certainly have room to improve.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Wii and DS had alot of shovel ware games, so I would say them. Gamecube had the best quality control imo

Skullwaker said:
KLXVER said:
Skullwaker said:

Wow, really? They've come a long way from that, though they certainly have room to improve.

Yep. Ever heard of the publisher called Ultra? Yeah, that was Konamis way of getting around that rule

spurgeonryan said:
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
Wii, certainly the wii when it comes to third party quality control

I have been playing meme run since I got home from work last night. That was four hours ago.

Dear lord, 4 hours of Meme Run? :O