By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So it would appear Bayonetta 2 has flopped. We need to talk about it.

Which games do you prefer from Nintendo?

Old school games such as ... 187 29.78%

New mature games such as ... 214 34.08%

Yo Mama 225 35.83%

Total:626
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
PRrussiaGC said:
Almost all the recent Wii U games have flopped.

Bayonetta is around 500k
Captain Toad has only sold like....50k Units? Less according to VGC.
Watch Dogs Wii U hasn't passed 10k according to VGC
Lego Batman 3 hasn't even passed 20k Units accroding to VGC.
And Sonic Boom.......

Yeah only title that seems to have not flopped recently is Super Smash U, and I'll be honest, Sales for Smash for Wii U could have been better.

Which "VGC" are u reading? lawl

Yeah My Bad I read it wrong and I thought it was 20k. It was a honest mistake.

Around the Network
TheGoldenBoy said:

Did anyone really expect  it to sell all that well? It was a niche game on a niche console (no offense to the Wii U). It was destined to be doomed.

Everytime there's a thread like this there's someone that makes this exact statement. And there's always someone who shows them a good amound of threads with people being optimistic with their predictions about the sales. So to answer your question, yes, there are people who expected it to sell well.

PRrussiaGC said:
Skullwaker said:
PRrussiaGC said:

Bayonetta is around 500k
And Sonic Boom.......

Yeah only title that seems to have not flopped recently is Super Smash U, and I'll be honest, Sales for Smash for Wii U could have been better.

According to VGC, Captain Toad has sold 200k as of December 13th. 

Yeah My bad I saw the numbers wrong, any other numbers wrong too?

Apparently Watch Dogs has sold 40k. Which is still a flop, though it's understandable considering it was released months later after everyone knew it was mediocre and it was downgraded without DLC. But I digress. 

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Skullwaker said:
PRrussiaGC said:
Skullwaker said:
PRrussiaGC said:

Bayonetta is around 500k
And Sonic Boom.......

According to VGC, Captain Toad has sold 200k as of December 13th. 

Yeah My bad I saw the numbers wrong, any other numbers wrong too?

Apparently Watch Dogs has sold 40k. Which is still a flop, though it's understandable considering it was released months later after everyone knew it was mediocre and it was downgraded without DLC. But I digress. 

Watch Dogs Wii U was one of those games that I hoped did well, but knew inside that it going to do bad.

I personally liked Watch Dogs, sure it was overhyped, but that doesn't mean it was bad.

PRrussiaGC said:

Bayonetta is around 500k
And Sonic Boom.......

Captain Toad is t 200k Units by 13th Dec. Is going to be around 350k by the end of the yer and it was realeased on 2nd Jan on Europe so maybe it can even reach 0.5m on Jan, that´s not bad at all for such a little game, and is going to have legs, expect 1 m lifetime, and probably more.

Bayonetta has NOT being a flop, Nintendo and Platinum didn´t expect this to be a boom, the first one was a niche game that only sold 1 million per console, and ps3 + Xbox360 has 160m userbase, 2m with 160m userbase ( 1.25% ratio)  VS 0.5m with 8m userbase in 3 months (6.25%ratio). They were probably expecting 0.5m, and is probably going to be 0.8m lifetime and maybe 1m, great numbers for such a niche game on a console that maybe is not going to reach 20 m.

Around the Network

Basically, Nintendo fans need to stop pretending that doing mediocre or just not awful in sales translate into Nintendo doing fine, and Nintendo themselves need to stop pretending that not seeing any short amount of growth in the company is doing fine.

I'm now filled with determination.

jlmurph2 said:
TheGoldenBoy said:

Did anyone really expect  it to sell all that well? It was a niche game on a niche console (no offense to the Wii U). It was destined to be doomed.

Everytime there's a thread like this there's someone that makes this exact statement. And there's always someone who shows them a good amound of threads with people being optimistic with their predictions about the sales. So to answer your question, yes, there are people who expected it to sell well.

Any links to such a non-deluded person making that exact statement?

Goodnightmoon said:
PRrussiaGC said:

Bayonetta is around 500k
And Sonic Boom.......

Captain Toad is t 200k Units by 13th Dec. Is going to be around 350k by the end of the yer and it was realeased on 2nd Jan on Europe so maybe it can even reach 0.5m on Jan, that´s not bad at all for such a little game, and is going to have legs, expect 1 m lifetime, and probably more.

Bayonetta has NOT being a flop, Nintendo and Platinum didn´t expect this to be a boom, the first one was a niche game that only sold 1 million per console, and ps3 + Xbox360 has 160m userbase, 2m with 160m userbase ( 1.25% ratio)  VS 0.5m with 8m userbase in 3 months (6.25%ratio). They were probably expecting 0.5m, and is probably going to be 0.8m lifetime and maybe 1m, great numbers for such a niche game on a console that maybe is not going to reach 20 m.

Yes I know I made a mistake with Captain Toad's numbers, it's a honest mistake that 4 persons including you have correct me on it lol.

And I mean, I expected that surely such a high rated Game by Nintendo fans and critic would do great sales wise (1 million, maybe 2?), Bayonetta 2 is definitley more popluar than the first one but that's how I see it.

PRrussiaGC said:
Skullwaker said:

Watch Dogs Wii U was one of those games that I hoped did well, but knew inside that it going to do bad.

I personally liked Watch Dogs, sure it was overhyped, but that doesn't mean it was bad.

I think it's just one of those things where you expect a game to be as good as the developer says/shows, that when it's not even close to what was promised, it makes you hate the game that much more. People wanted something more "next-gen" but what they got was something that could've easily been done on last gen, and, in fact, was.

I'm sure it's a fine game (I haven't played it) but it certainly isn't what Ubisoft wanted us to believe it was. I think it would've sold better had it launched on Wii U alongside the other platforms. Definitely not as well as it evidently did on PS4 and XB1, but maybe at least comparable to how it did on PS3/360. 

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

uran10 said:
.... why is selling less than a mill considered a flop now?

Because video games cost a lot of money to create and publish.  This is often more feverishly believed because the developers/publishers in this age continously pump their budgets into the heavens to the point that they need to bend reality to make their money back.  

This stigma leads fans to believe that every game is not making any money because "it's budget was probably huge".

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"