By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - three reasons nintendo will last longer in the video game space than microsoft or sony

who will last the longest?

nintendo 282 69.12%

microsoft 26 6.37%

sony 99 24.26%

Total:407

They'll all be bought up by Gaben at the same time.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
jlmurph2 said:
I believe in 10 years video gaming will be majorly digital and Nintendo won't know how to handle it. MS and Sony are getting ready for the inevitable.

But that's just my take.

Not sure what you mean by that. Nintendo has been very agressive with digital games in the past few years.

Nintendos digital business has seen significant growth over that last couple of years.

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
I agree that Nintendo will stick around the longest but I don't get what you mean by #3? Are you referring to the hacks or?

well im sure nintendo would have been targetted if their online were more popular, so that would indeed affect them. im talking more about things like the scandals that went down in gaming journalism recently. the fact that small companies are getting eaten up by bigger ones like ea/activision. once awesome companies like capcom are going out of business because of their shady business practices. all that kind of crazy stuff. 

we all know the ET atari 2600 situation that occurred so many years ago. i think we see a similar thing occurring here a lot with companies rushing games out, not completing them, shipping us slideshows (19FPS games) etc.. these aren't nintendo problems. and if the industry crashes around them, i dont see it affecting nintendo themselves all that much. they have everything they need to continue selling products. and, like i said, they dont need to sell that much to survive. i think theyre in a pretty decent spot.

4. They are the only ones who have the ability to milk the same franchises for 25 years, and loyal fans who keep on buying them.

Burek said:
4. They are the only ones who have the ability to milk the same franchises for 25 years, and loyal fans who keep on buying them.

well the reason that works is because they don't flood the market with them. 

Around the Network

As if Nintendo are somehow existing outside of a space where higher fidelity games mean longer development cycles or bigger teams aka higher production costs which can easily make point one and two mute in the next generation.

Also I'd like to see that generation where all of Nintendos potential income came from one system with a 20 million installbase.

RubberWhistleHistle said:
Burek said:

*cough* Pokemon *cough*

Burek said:

They're just better at diversifying some of their products.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

KLXVER said:
jlmurph2 said:
I believe in 10 years video gaming will be majorly digital and Nintendo won't know how to handle it. MS and Sony are getting ready for the inevitable.

But that's just my take.

Not sure what you mean by that. Nintendo has been very agressive with digital games in the past few years.

If they're thinking about going 3rd party that would be good enough. I don't think they have what it takes to be fully digital as in streaming games anywhere you want.

DerNebel said:
RubberWhistleHistle said:
Burek said:

*cough* Pokemon *cough*

pokemon, admittedly, is your best argument if you plan on making the case that nintendo milks their franchises. i find that one original game (XY) plus a remake (ruby/sapphire) in a single generation isnt exactly the worst example of milking that this industry has seen. i could name five franchises that are more culpable than pokemon in that regard off the top of my head. HOWEVER, last generation with white/black, white2/black2.. THAT was goign completely overboard and reprehensible in my opinion. diamond/pearl/platinum +heart gold/soul silver were perfect for the DS, so i half way agree with you. but i think if they stick to the traditional way of doing it, then that is acceptable.