By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - If Nintendo launches a new console in 2016 (AMD Rumors) ...... will it be 8th or 9th gen

I think it will be the handheld, and it will be quite more powerful than the vita, I can't see it not havint at least 2 gb of ram

Around the Network

It will be interesting to see what kind of specs AMD can squeeze into a custom apu in the next 3DS form factor.

I doubt they're releasing a home console in 2016. It'll be 2017 at the earliest and yes whenever they release their next home console it would be 9th gen.

Does it really matter what it is?  It's definetely a next gen Nintendo console. In terms of overall VG gen it would depend on how powerfull it is and how long Sony and Microsoft take to iterate again. If it's roughly on par with ps4 and Sony and or MS iterate by 2018 at the latest i think you'd put it in 8th gen. If it's powerfull enough for 4k gaming i think you'd probably put it into the 9th gen.

Wii U is the same "gen" as PS4 and Xbone. That nonsense needs to stop.

And Nintendo is not releasing a new console in 2016. Chances are good they'll UNVEIL their next console in 2016. But it will not come out until 2017.

Which means we get another good 2.5+ years of great Wii U content from them. Nobody that owns a Wii U should be in any hurry at all for them to release something new.

Around the Network

I think they will announce the new home console in 2016 and release it in 2017
And then new PS and XB will launch in 2019

9th gen by time released only.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

If they releasing console on 2016 we might not able to see "Nintendo console" anymore LOl

Seriously it will be too idiotic for Nintendo to release their console in 2016, i guess 2016 is the announcement for their next gen console or the release date for their next gen handled.

Nintendo maybe the king of handhelds, but they don't dictate console generations as they don't lead any generation anymore (wii is an exception and was not a direct competition against HD counterparts). They walk their own path which is understandable and okay.

omg XBOX ONE doesn't refer to the digit 1. it means all in one entertainment system