By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Captain Toad as DLC for 3D World would've been better

Do You Agree

Yes, Captain Toad is overpriced 57 26.76%

No, this should be sold full price 116 54.46%

Who cares about this anyway? 40 18.78%

Total:213

Guys, this is not a hate thread. Captain Toad is really amazing and unique, and I'd love to see more people experience it. Unfortunately, people aren't willing to buy this game for it's pirce. When first announced, I knew it would be terribly short. I was hoping for a $20 price tag, or maybe even $30 (still, I thought that was steep) but when they announced $40 I was a bit upset. My little brother did get it for Christmas, but I think software sales would be much higher if it were just a DLC for Super Mario 3D World. Like how NSLU was DLC for NSMBU, this would've been great for a $15 DLC. Or, they could've done that and had all the stories sold for $5 a piece. So do you guys agree with me? Let me know

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

Around the Network

I agree! $40 seems a bit too much! I would have bought it day 1 for ~$15 (regardless of retail or dlc)

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

It's already $20 less than normal Wii U titles, that's a lot.

The games length seems to be totally fine, there's many games of that length nowadays.

40$ for Captain Toad is a damn fine price IMO

http://moongypsy.bandcamp.com/ ~Thank you Stefl1504 for the amazing sig~
Tootylicious said:

The games length seems to be totally fine, there's many games of that length nowadays.

There's many games that are 6 and a half hrs?

Around the Network

I'm fine with it being a retail game; it wasn't sold at full price, after all.
It's good value for money, and I don't want it taking up precious HDD space.

KingdomHeartsFan said:
Tootylicious said:

Uh, yeah.  There really are.  And they can go for $60.

$20 as 3D World DLC and $30 retail version would be ideal but I'll still buy it for $40

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Nuvendil said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:
Tootylicious said:

Uh, yeah.  There really are.  And they can go for $60.

Go ahead.

It's a tad short, but the price is reasonable and the game is lovely, so I didn't have a problem with it overall. I don't think it should've been DLC.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread