By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Gas is 1.89 in my area, what are the ripple effects of this era of cheap gas in America?

I'm reading that it costs 1.51 dollars in the south of Texas. Considerably cheaper than here in Mexico, and well, your gas seems to be superb compared to ours :b 10 dollars here can last less than two days here in regular cars, American gas lasts for nearly a week.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Around the Network

Less environmental destruction.Fracking is realll bad for the environment and it can only survive with high oil prices.

Teeqoz said:
generic-user-1 said:
Teeqoz said:
generic-user-1 said:

It's not bad for clean energy, clean energy and oil doesn't compete, so it doesn't matter.

Clean energy and oil competes...

biofuels arent clean energie, its just another form of farmsubsidys.

I'm not talking about biofuel... Normal, traditional clean energy competes with oil.

electric power and oil dont compete so much, maybe on small island and a little bit in trains, but thats all atm.

I'm hoping we can have cheaper air travel again, as they hiked up prices a lot when oil got expensive. More likely the airlines will just pocket a lot of the difference.

My 8th gen collection

WagnerPaiva said:
Dulfite said:

Russia is the one hurting the most from this and it is their own faults for invading another country. These sanctions are working apparently.

They invaded Crimea because NATO was going to create a naval base there, Russia knows the Globalists wants them destroyed. This will be solved in 2015, America and UK will pay the price for they arrogancy.

No one in the west has any intention of invading or destroying Russia that I can tell. I think the West has realized over the past half thousand years that no body invades Russia and wins. I don't understand where you get your fear from.

Around the Network

Is that $1,89 per liter or per gallon? Because here in the Netherlands it's cheap now at €1,50/liter but it used to be north of €1,85/per liter just three months ago.

Add me on Xbox: DWTKarma 

RedInker said:

America has always had cheap fuel. I went to Florida back in 2005. A guy was stunned to find out we were paying about $2 per litre while he was whinging about paying just over $2 a gallon.

This is true. Which is why when I lived in UK part of why I never drove anywhere and took trains, buses or planes.  Right now on my commute to work I consume 2 gallons of gasoline a day.  If gas was $8 a gallon it would a huge difference in various aspects of life decisions such as home location and work location.  However, we might get decent bus (minimal now) or rail system (almost non existent) as people be more apt to use them. As of now we are completely invested in the car model in many part of the US.

Gas is currently $1.78/gallon and falling here. It needs to be below $1.00 a gallon IMHO. Ripple effects are people spending money elsewhere , and the economy recovering thank goodness.  Also, since most air travel expense is from fuel prices maybe plane tickets will go down too!  :)

Still 2.40 for me in california.

Haha, you guys don't know how lucky you are!