By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Gas is 1.89 in my area, what are the ripple effects of this era of cheap gas in America?

0.85 cents per liter, never as good as America, but not bad (haven't seen these prices since the recession)!

Around the Network

$2.79/gallon for gasoline here where I live on Long Island, NY.

I love it. Last year I locked in with my oil company @ $3.69/gallon. My contract just ran out so I locked in again for another year today @ $2.69/gallon.

To give an idea of how fast it is dropping, my father in-law locked in back in August @ $3.29/gallon.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

generic-user-1 said:

It's not bad for clean energy, clean energy and oil doesn't compete, so it doesn't matter.

Clean energy and oil competes...

It's close to 90 cents per litre here, or about $3.46 US. Might be bad especially for Alberta.

Russia is the one hurting the most from this and it is their own faults for invading another country. These sanctions are working apparently.

Around the Network
Dulfite said:

Russia is the one hurting the most from this and it is their own faults for invading another country. These sanctions are working apparently.

seriously the sanctions are doing Sweet F A. The current oil prices aren't about sanctions, it is an oil war between OPEC and fracking.

Teeqoz said:
generic-user-1 said:

It's not bad for clean energy, clean energy and oil doesn't compete, so it doesn't matter.

Clean energy and oil competes...

biofuels arent clean energie, its just another form of farmsubsidys.

spurgeonryan said:
WagnerPaiva said:
Russia gets angry. Nuke fly.
There, these are your ramifications.
Enjoy your cheap gasoline.

lol, then we fuel are 10,000 nukes up and send them to each city in Russia that has more than 100 people in it, fire bomb the rest and get the oil there for ourselves.

So a nuke attack would be bad.

Not really, if Russia get key points of America, there will be no reaction. Like Washington DC, NY, Los Angeles and every city where there are nukes stationed. Pretty much all US nukes will explode on the ground.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.

Cobretti2 said:
$5 a gallon is cheap

What you paying now is pocket change.

4.96 in Poland and it's as cheap as it gets (in 2013 it was like 6.54)

Dulfite said:

They invaded Crimea because NATO was going to create a naval base there, Russia knows the Globalists wants them destroyed. This will be solved in 2015, America and UK will pay the price for they arrogancy.

My grammar errors are justified by the fact that I am a brazilian living in Brazil. I am also very stupid.